Stance

-

War1

Reaction score
Hey FOAB's,

What kind of stance do your early A bodies have? My friend informs me that I can adjust the front to lower or raise the front end. I was considering "raking" the front a bit. Waiting to replace dead shocks to KYB and figured to do this during the process. I'm on 13's now and will eventually transition to 15's at some point. Pics and input are greatly appreciated.

-War1

Yep,
There are adjuster bolts in the middle of you lower control arms. You can adjust them up or down. I raised mine up, as I am going for the old school drag car look. Just make sure you take it and have it realigned after you do, or you may end up eating your tires up.

Attachments

• 100_1063.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 540
STANCE:

009.jpg

Stance is everything in accordance with what they build them for as the above photos show.

My nighttime Signet's stance is due to 2" blocks on the 8.75 rear to tuck the 245-60's tires in under the wheel well to torsion bar adjustments on the front 73 front suspension 205-70 tires, be sure to have your front end aligned after any adjustments that way. The oil pan is about 4" off the ground. Sorry bout the photo not giving the exact stance in question

66015.jpg

66015.jpg

stance is everything in accordance with what they build them for as the above photos show.

My nighttime signet's stance is due to 2" blocks on the 8.75 rear to tuck the 245-60's tires in under the wheel well to torsion bar adjustments on the front 73 front suspension 205-70 tires, be sure to have your front end aligned after any adjustments that way. The oil pan is about 4" off the ground. Sorry bout the photo not giving the exact stance in question

66015.jpg

66015.jpg

wow. Thats looks good

My 66 cuda front dropped around 2 inches rear dropped 3 inches [1 inch blocks 2 leaves removed total 3 inch drop-note:they are the jc whitney high lift springs were on the car when i got it too damn high] The speedracer photo the front was too low had to raise it up it was almost 3 inches bottomed out every bump.

Attachments

• cop shop cuda.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 511
  • 102_2519.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 470
If the stance is in question,what is the standard? The car in his sig ,looks like an early 50's custom.If that baby has a mill in it,he needs to fix the rear first.Lowering blocks,( most likely shot leafs!) fix that first.Or ,install the mill back in it!(lol!,I'm sorry.).

Yep,
There are adjuster bolts in the middle of you lower control arms. You can adjust them up or down. I raised mine up, as I am going for the old school drag car look. Just make sure you take it and have it realigned after you do, or you may end up eating your tires up.

Love your Dart!!!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Picture88.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 466
I have heard this a few times also. I am really considering it because my headers bottom out way to much but I don't want to ruin the way it drives. How easy is this to do and will my car handle the same when I am done?

Nice Valiant 6469MOPAR

I struggle to find the right stance on all the cars I've had. Here is an early A I had lowering blocks in the rear and cranked the front down. I think it sat about an 1" to 1.5" to low in my opinion. I like the rear wheel lip about even with the rear fender on the early A with a tall tire in the back like about 27" then just a tad lower in the front type rake I think that look fits these cars nicely.

Attachments

• lowered barracuda 003.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 438
simply awesome!

Stance is everything in accordance with what they build them for as the above photos show.

My nighttime Signet's stance is due to 2" blocks on the 8.75 rear to tuck the 245-60's tires in under the wheel well to torsion bar adjustments on the front 73 front suspension 205-70 tires, be sure to have your front end aligned after any adjustments that way. The oil pan is about 4" off the ground. Sorry bout the photo not giving the exact stance in question

66015.jpg

66015.jpg

Man I want a Cuda!

Nice Valiant 6469MOPAR

I struggle to find the right stance on all the cars I've had. Here is an early A I had lowering blocks in the rear and cranked the front down. I think it sat about an 1" to 1.5" to low in my opinion. I like the rear wheel lip about even with the rear fender on the early A with a tall tire in the back like about 27" then just a tad lower in the front type rake I think that look fits these cars nicely.

nice valiant 6469mopar

i struggle to find the right stance on all the cars i've had. Here is an early a i had lowering blocks in the rear and cranked the front down. I think it sat about an 1" to 1.5" to low in my opinion. I like the rear wheel lip about even with the rear fender on the early a with a tall tire in the back like about 27" then just a tad lower in the front type rake i think that look fits these cars nicely.
thanks

Stance is everything........

Attachments

• 100_0433.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 360
Stance is everything! (is there an echo in here) Mine looked terrible when I first got it. New tires and a fresh set of springs helped a bunch. I wish I had put bigger tires on the rear though. After a few years my springs sagged a little and the look is different. I am planning a repaint, some suspension repairs, subframe ties, and new wheels and tires (15")in the next year. The stance will have to be adjusted again. I like bigger tires/wider wheels in the rear and the front end lower than the rear.

Attachments

• randalia.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 348
  • first of october013.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 358
  • Dike car show 11-3.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 354
-
Back