Stand by Carolinas!

-
We have been hit here in Fl. by so many hurricanes. I live close to Tampa. These things are no joke! If you have options, take them. Better to make an Insurance claim then Funeral arrangements!! First one I recall is Hurricane Donna in 1960. 439 dead!
That is scary I have a brother in merit island fl he has road out a couple of them always makes me nervous but so far he has been fortunate no real damage or injuries.

Finally getting overcast and breezy..

Starting to turn abnormal.
I work on a small isolated military facility in the NC woods. We are usually over ran with critters. Huge crows, hawks, woodpeckers, giant fat black fox squirrels, turkeys skulking all over, groups of 20-30 common pigeons and mourning doves browsing across the lawn, the occasional pheasant and quail, but as of now, nothing. Not even insects. The sky now has very thick cloud cover with gaps of clear blue sky. Humidity is definitely going up, along with the temperature too. Steady wind, but nothing crazy....yet.

All loose equipment stored and secure.
Fuel tanks topped off.
Back up generators op checked.
Lithium chainsaw batteries fully charged.
Brush fire fighting truck ready.
Vehicle recovery kits prepped.

and last but certainly not least, Old Glory swapped out for her much more resilient storm flag self.

All that's left now is to go home and drink some Modelo! I'll keep ya'll posted!

In Charleston. Thank God my local Mexican restaurant was open today. Lunch and beers. Is cooler today, overcast. It is coming, but don’t think it will be too bad.

Famous last words.......

In Charleston. Thank God my local Mexican restaurant was open today. Lunch and beers. Is cooler today, overcast. It is coming, but don’t think it will be too bad.

Famous last words.......

We got hit here pretty hard with hurricane Matthew. The winds weren't insane, it was the water. Roads were washed out everywhere. One of the younger guys that worked for drove home from work after the rain started. Got about 4 miles from home and hit a washed out bridge that had flooded way back up the road. Well being a young Ranger, he just parked his truck up the hill in a church parking lot, swam across, and walked home to his young wife and kid. The next morning his wife drove him back, he swam across, and drove in to work..

Got a email, from a Friend, in Wilmington, Who decided to stay. -- At 2:20 P.M. it was gusty enough to start stripping leaves from trees. - At that time, the eye of the storm was 110 miles away.

Just be careful of moving water like flooded creeks, it will wash away your car/truck and you with it. The Houston flood took several that way this time last year.

Famous last words.......

Yeah I live in Charleston area as well...same in my area...but it’s like they say...it’s always calm before the storm!!!

Starting to turn abnormal.
I work on a small isolated military facility in the NC woods. We are usually over ran with critters. Huge crows, hawks, woodpeckers, giant fat black fox squirrels, turkeys skulking all over, groups of 20-30 common pigeons and mourning doves browsing across the lawn, the occasional pheasant and quail, but as of now, nothing. Not even insects. The sky now has very thick cloud cover with gaps of clear blue sky. Humidity is definitely going up, along with the temperature too. Steady wind, but nothing crazy....yet.

All loose equipment stored and secure.
Fuel tanks topped off.
Back up generators op checked.
Lithium chainsaw batteries fully charged.
Brush fire fighting truck ready.
Vehicle recovery kits prepped.

and last but certainly not least, Old Glory swapped out for her much more resilient storm flag self.

All that's left now is to go home and drink some Modelo! I'll keep ya'll posted!

You at New River?

Yeah I live in Charleston area as well...same in my area...but it’s like they say...it’s always calm before the storm!!!

After the ridiculousness, we should hook up. Very few Mopar guys here. When I would actually go to cars and coffee, I was usually the only Mopar there.

After the ridiculousness, we should hook up. Very few Mopar guys here. When I would actually go to cars and coffee, I was usually the only Mopar there.

Sounds good! I was hoping to have mine back going by the end of this month...but with me being an insurance adjuster, looks like I’m gonna be busy for a while...I’m hoping not...but its looking that way!

1536896585814.jpg
I have a classmate in Fuquay Varina. It doesn't look too good for them. (Green dot)

Everyone safe this morning. The piedmont area is breezy with light rain just beginning. Looks like tomorrow and Sunday will be worse here.

Yo Top! Camp Lejeune is pretty low, right? I remember doing night land nav in a swamp on camp Geiger. That place is going to be floating in a 10 foot storm surge!

Yessir, a whole bunch will be underwater. The barraks areas and the major maintenance facilities are elevated. The hangars on New River also. They've flown most of the up aircraft away because everything will not fit in hangars now that they are bigger than ever.

A whole lot of barracks parties going on!

Starting to get short spurts of very intense rain here in the center of North Carolina.

Rain like crazy for 10 minutes then stop just as suddenly as it starts. Supposedly we will get 5 to 8 inches of rain over the next few days. Depends who you watch on TV. For us to get that much rain it's gonna have to get serious pretty quick!

Was breezy earlier, but quiet now.

4 dead so far. :( A woman and a baby were killed when a tree fell on their house. An older fellow went out to check on his hunting dogs, and the wind knocked him down and he must have succumbed from his injuries, and a guy was hooking up extension cords in the rain and got electrocuted.

As of now, Charleston has dodged a bullet. Overcast and rain. And not strong at all. Very fortunate.

Everyone in the path, stay safe! Flooding is coming.

So far we've really been fortunate here in the Piedmont.

That little southerly jog the storm took was advantageous to us here!

-
Back