standing on the fence.........help me decide!

standard or sharktooth grille?

• Total voters
-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
ok, i just got done restoring a sharktooth grille. i also have a mint condition regular grille that was stock in the car.

my car is not 100% correct, so, i need your help. i know it is always said " what you like", but i love the look of both grilles.
also, i need a little shy under 1,000.00 to finish pinky, for like carpet, starter,a nd some other stuff.

so, do i sell the sharktooth grille,a nd put stocker in, and use the money to order the rest of the stuff i need, while all these places are having sales, or do i use it in pinky, and continue to pick up parts as i need them during the build?
i am shooting to have this car done and cruising fy the end of febuary.

let me know guys!

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 433
  • 005.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 450
  • 006.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 431
i myself never could fig. why everybody love the shark tooth grill so much...to me its just another grill...if they are both in great shape and i had a choice i'd take the other but hey thats just me..oh and my duster has the stock 1 but a buddy offered my a shark tooth...but as said thats just me...:violent1:

you obvioulsy love the shark and you have one now dont sell it you will kick your self down the road

sell it buy the stuff you need. you will come across another shark at another time and then make a decision if you dont like the stock grill or are tired of it.

Well it's a pink car so give it a menacing character with that Sharktooth grill :twisted:
I'll give you a perfect example around where I live is a 2008 dodge magnum and it has been completely repaint pink. The thing that makes this magnum so bad *** is that it's an SRT8 model with a supercharger and a shaker hood on it. This car as balls and most people do not want to mess with it! Watched the owner get some crap from a ricer about it the car. Well the light turned green and they both went and the magnum left them. At the next light, when the ricer pulled back up, I watched the ricer stick his hand out the window and flip the magnum owner off. I thought it was funny as hell!

It ain't a numbers matchin car, right? Put whichever one in it YOU think looks good. I know which one I'd use.

I personally like the look of the stock grill better, so if it were me, I'd go with the stock one. Plus with the way the prices go of those damned things, you could make some extra money towards the project.

Well, if you are changing it up some, I'd go Sharktooth, 71 stripe and blackout Wedge hood. That would look great.

Grant

What color interior? (I cant remember what the other thread said)
If this was my car....

White interior, Id go with the standard grill
Black interior, Id go with the sharktooth

I really have no reason for why I like that combo, just do

Ok. YOU asked for an opinion and YOU know I gots one ( or three )......

Stocker..... Sharky..... Stocker....... Sharky.......

I'm picking......... Sharky. :thumbup: :headbang:

Wylde1.

Attachments

• 70Duster1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 406
  • 2290239_20_full.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 416
ahhhh, maybe that is what i needed to see a pink car with it!

ok, poll over, it is getting sharktooth grille!. that did it for me thank you

And since you didn't ask, I'll still volunteer another opinion.

White Interior.

And instead of a black or white stripe, have you thought about fuschia??? Take a look at the stripe on this Challenger. Yum, yum.

Wylde1.

Attachments

• fm3004_04.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 375
  • fm3004_03.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 403
  • fm3004_02.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 392
I like them both and would be on the fence as you are. I also have both for my 70. I would keep them until its time to install one. Plans are always changing you should know first hand. Options are always a plus. I would stay with year correct on some. But the grille would be able to be changed back. Just some freindly advice. Steve

There's a rumor about a repro sharktooth coming out. When it does the value will drop. Might want to sell, can always re-purchase, maybe at a lower price.

about aq repop, i'll take my chances!. lol even though after 40 years have cracks, i can in no way see someone duplicating fora decent price, let alone the quality. man, do i wish i ownd the mold setup for these grilles!

wylde, i already have the black interior, and if i did not, i would be going white!. i am not a fan of the pink stripe on a pink car.

thanks for the words oldman!

i like the look of the original more... im gonna remake mine in steel though and clear coat it "a bunch" so it doesn't rust.

There's a rumor about a repro sharktooth coming out. When it does the value will drop. Might want to sell, can always re-purchase, maybe at a lower price.

That's a good one. I heard Plymouth is coming back too. :bs:

Joe, My Duster is a 1970 340 car.I have the stock grille hanging on the wall,and the Sharktooth is installed!!

Attachments

• Picture 460.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 360
Go the way you want. Here's my 2 cents worth. I had a 70 340 Duster, it
was an orignal 340, 4 spd, and AM radio. The top was painted black. I could
not afford to restore it the right way. I sold it off. I wish I could of restored it
the right way. With the stock grille it just looks better.
Here's some pics. The first is when I sold it. The car was it Mopar Collectors
Guide and at Carlisle.
I miss it in a little. But I have a lot of fun with the one I bought with the
money from it.

Attachments

• fm3087_09.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 336
  • fm3087_02t.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 326
  • mcg0405t.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 316
That's a good one. I heard Plymouth is coming back too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Mopar
They ARE going to make a repop though???

It is one of many parts OER is looking at right now. It will depend on the cost and potential demand. ROI is always a factor. You can be sure it won't be a quickie over-night stamping though. I looked at their new HEMI badge a few weeks ago and they went to the trouble of putting the manufacturers markings (the Penstar) on the back of the emblem. No one sees that kind of stuff except the buyer.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=162710&highlight=chop+cut&page=14

-
Back