Started & broke in !

-

hypermite

Reaction score
I broke in the cam on my 440 Duster build today ! After getting the engine static timed, The oil & fuel primed, it fired almost instantly ! Brought her up to 2200 rpm, & held it there for 20 min. with an occasional rev to 3500. It got a little warm, but temp was brought down by soaking the radiator with cool water. The cam was broken in with 5 quarts of Comp cams Engine break in oil ( about $7 per quart) and I also (against their recommendations) had my Shumacher ceramic coated headers on. The reflective finish suffered a bit from the heat (see pics) but the coating is still fine. Thanks to all who gave me good advice for a successful break in !! Next week it's off to the exhaust shop !! .......Oh yeah, The Gear drive sounds SAVAGE!!!!

Attachments

• fire up 001.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 245
  • fire up 005.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 244
Congratulations..!

BTW, that is one Helluva Good Looking Engine..:thumrigh:

It looks like it should be featured in a Calendar or a Snap-On tools Poster or something like that...

---

You guys are too much, thanks for all the kind words. For those who are wondering, I wont be using those dinky air filter elements. I just had to figure out how much clearance I had, once I got the hood back on. looks like I will be able to fit 3.25" tall filters.

-
Back