Starting a BB Duster project

-
Is the car mini tubbed ?

It has home made tubs.

DSC_1071 (Large).JPG

I built some jack stands for the front wheels so I can work on the car without having to fight around the tires. I don't think anyone sells this type of jackstand but I like it. Very solid since it is bolted to the axle but it doesn't take up much room.

DSC_1130 (Large).JPG

I'm working on getting the seat mounted now. I picked up some mounts from Kirkey but they are really flimsy and they don't fit very well so looks like I'll need to fab my own.

DSC_1039 (Large).JPG

Progress on the Duster has slowed down while I try to finish up the Coronet. Sometimes having two project cars is a good thing since you can work on one while waiting for parts on the other, but it is twice as expensive and takes twice as much time and twice as much shop room.

DSC_1053 (Large).JPG

Here is what I'm working on at the moment. Just got the main harness as well as most of the other parts for a complete Holley Dominator EFI setup. Dominator ECU is in the upper left, 4150 throttle body in lower right corner. I'll be running 8 coils, 4 of them are shown in upper right corner. Probably won't use the distributor since I have the trigger wheel and cam sync setup available now. This is a new harness from Holley with the plugs for the 8 coils built in. This harness also has an extra power feed and relay to support the coils as well as some other nice updates. Part number is 558-117 for those of you who might be interested in a Holley EFI system.

DSC_1176 (Large).JPG

I built some jack stands for the front wheels so I can work on the car without having to fight around the tires. I don't think anyone sells this type of jackstand but I like it. Very solid since it is bolted to the axle but it doesn't take up much room.

Are you considering selling these? I'd buy a pair :)

Are you considering selling these? I'd buy a pair :)
No I don't think so. I made them from 0.250 thick steel so they are heavy (and expensive). Cost a ton just for shipping. If I was going to build them for production I'd probably go with a 10 ga steel and then build a fixture for the welding but I don't think I want to hassle with it. Feel free to copy my design and make your own.

Progress on the Duster has slowed down while I try to finish up the Coronet. Sometimes having two project cars is a good thing since you can work on one while waiting for parts on the other, but it is twice as expensive and takes twice as much time and twice as much shop room.
^^^
View attachment 1715088741
--------------------------Jealous !-------------------

Got the alternator mounted and lined up with the crank pulley. The to do list is still a mile long though.........

DSC_1237 (Large).JPG

Here is what I'm working on at the moment. Just got the main harness as well as most of the other parts for a complete Holley Dominator EFI setup. Dominator ECU is in the upper left, 4150 throttle body in lower right corner. I'll be running 8 coils, 4 of them are shown in upper right corner. Probably won't use the distributor since I have the trigger wheel and cam sync setup available now. This is a new harness from Holley with the plugs for the 8 coils built in. This harness also has an extra power feed and relay to support the coils as well as some other nice updates. Part number is 558-117 for those of you who might be interested in a Holley EFI system.

View attachment 1715088798
The dist. looks like mine , from FAST. Very short design = chevy, w/ mopar blade on the bottom. Mine wouldn't clear my raised port heads, and took a but load of clearancing on the pass side head. I wound up w/ about 1/16" clearance and had to clock the dist a certain way to get the chevycap hold downs to clear. ---Andy, what`s up w/ the drivers side tub, looks very diff. from the pass. side,which looks great.--Noticed the short oil filter, same here.

The tubs are the same on both sides, might just be a shadow in the photo or something.

I'm not going to use the distributor since I'm going to go with 8 coils. I'll run a cam sync which is much smaller. You can see the cam sync in the last picture. It is the small black sensor in the distributor location.

The intake is back from Wilson so now I can proceed with the EFI install.

DSC_1303 (Large).JPG

Driveshaft from Strange showed up the other day. I ordered this from DoctorDiff. Super nice looking setup with billet yoke, forged ends and TIG welded chrome moly tubing. Driveshaft is 45 inches long. Now I need to figure out how to build a loop......

DSC_1478 (Large).JPG

DSC_1470 (Large).JPG

lookin´good!

Regarding the loop: i made a ring out of a hydraulic cylinder barrel, then welded this one to a flat bar, same width than the ring....bolted to the floor. Fit´s perfect, as far as i know there are some dimensions to consider for being track legal (width of the ring and placement behind the front u-joint). I´m sure to build this is no problem for you ;-)

Michael

-
Back