starting a new project, sunroof demon

-

71/340wedge

Reaction score
Getting ready to start a new project, heres some pictures of what I'm starting with. I'm going to make it into a 72 demon, black vinyl top, gold body color, black stripes. The car was originaly a 73 dart sunroof car and I'm turning it into a demon. I'm going to make it a fun driver and plain on trying to keep most of the original gold paint on it. I plain on painting on doing the nose on it this weekend and painting it out gold. The tail panel will be installed this weekend as well. I've got a nice rebuilt 318 motor for it that I'll drop in. The paint is original in the engine bay as well and wont need to be repainted. Should be a cool little driver when it's all done. Does any one have any pictures of gold duster with black vinyl top and black decals, I'd love to see them.

DSCN2077.JPG

DSCN2061.JPG

DSCN2564.JPG

Also wanted to ask if a 72 demon could of came with the sizzler hood decal with hood scoop? Plain on going with black steel rims and polyglas tires. I'm also going to change the interior to all black. Thanks for any help.

It could have come with the decal and scoop, yes. If I had the time and the money, I'd definitely implant a sunroof onto my Demon. I LOVE sunroofs.

thanks for the info sharpie, just found a picture of this gold one on ebay but with no vinyl top. Should look real neat with the vinyl top on it. I was going to do it up triple black like the duster I'm doing up, but decided it would be alot easier and quicker to do it up gold.

216_V200903191652273.jpg

216_V20090319165227.jpg

216_V200903191652276.jpg

Should look pretty sweet i cant wait to see it

Got the nose all painted last night and reinstalled, painted matched pretty decent. Also got the vinyl top all ready to go on it. Will post a bunch of progress pictures this weekend. Also ordered all the decals for it including the black hood pinstriping, they dont give that hood decal away,WOW. I love building a beater car, you can crank right through them.

Pushed the car out side to let the new vinyl top really set up. The paint doesnt match as well as I thought, might just paint the rest of the car really quick so it matches a little better. The top came out really decent, just need to do the sunroof plug now.

DSCN2723.JPG

DSCN2724.JPG

i was going to ask how the hell you got 30+ yr old paint to match. i have a 74 duster that the paint is pretty nice on, im pretty sure its original and i wanted to fix a few things and just paint those areas.

Pushed the car out side to let the new vinyl top really set up. The paint doesnt match as well as I thought, might just paint the rest of the car really quick so it matches a little better. The top came out really decent, just need to do the sunroof plug now.

i noticed that Grand Spaulding dodge decal on the trunk, was it sold new from Grand Spaulding Dodge?

Cool project!!! I almost had my hands on a real '72 340 Demon with the foldback canvas roof a couple years ago. It was just a shell, but an original FE5 Red, white side stripes, white interior car. But the guy decided to have it hauled to the scrap yard were it was crushed.

Cool project!!! I almost had my hands on a real '72 340 Demon with the foldback canvas roof a couple years ago. It was just a shell, but an original FE5 Red, white side stripes, white interior car. But the guy decided to have it hauled to the scrap yard were it was crushed.

That's crazy, what a cool car that would of been. Those fold back sunroof cars are the best I would love to find one of those cars some day. This demon is going to be my beater, and there wont be a place where I wont dare to take it. I'm leaving every little dent a scratch in it. Just picked up all the stuff for the four speed conversion and went with mostly used stuff. Trying to do this car as cheap as I can.

-
Back