Stock 318 2 Barrel Cam Choice

-
Camshaft options for Mopars these days arn't exactly manufacturers top priority. It's great to think I'm gona pick this one or that one, BUT it aint available. Chose what's left on the shelf is all you got.
100_3556.JPG

Go for it and let us know. Still in a 318 right? (5 pages of posts to re-read to confirm) :lol:
yes. I am committed to a solid flat tappet because I broke off the stock rocker studs after test fitting some 1.5 ratio alum. adjustable rockers. 318 2 barrel

And that's why I ask, the pic of that kit shows that it includes the "premium choice" 995- dual springs, which requires the single spring locators to be machined flush with the spring seat.
well that is not too big a deal, unless I am missing something. You'd think the kit would come with the right retainers.

well that is not too big a deal, unless I am missing something. You'd think the kit would come with the right retainers.
I'd run the single 901 and not look back. My God, it's barely over .450 lift and won't be by the time you add lash.

I'd run the single 901 and not look back. My God, it's barely over .450 lift and won't be by the time you add lash.
when I was at my local hot rod shop, there was a brand new offy slant 6 valve cover.
I will need to look again, but I think they might have the lifters you need as well. If you really need them I could buy them for you and ship em. @RustyRatRod
Forsyth Hot Rod Supply

Unless You want somebody to attempt to machine those spring seats with the heads on, which could be accomplished w/the right tooling & caution/experience, then it defeats the "cam/intake/carb" only swap. Retainer's not the problem, it's the heads. Since it IS the smallest of the Comp solids, I'd do exactly what RRR said, that or the "0249"/340HP DC/MP spring. The 901 is the std. recommended spring, & and NO You cannot just use the outers from the duals, in case You were wondering....

when I was at my local hot rod shop, there was a brand new offy slant 6 valve cover.
I will need to look again, but I think they might have the lifters you need as well. If you really need them I could buy them for you and ship em. @RustyRatRod
Forsyth Hot Rod Supply
Chit I caint afford um right now. I found some on ebay for like 159 which is really cheap. They retail for like 200-250. <rolls eyes> I can probably get some first week of next month.

Chit I caint afford um right now. I found some on ebay for like 159 which is really cheap. They retail for like 200-250. <rolls eyes> I can probably get some first week of next month.
Story of my life.
In 4 more weeks I can afford the cam kit I want.
And in one more week I can afford the pushrods for it.
Then hopefully my buddy will let me have a 650 4 barrel for $45.
:mad:

Unless You want somebody to attempt to machine those spring seats with the heads on, which could be accomplished w/the right tooling & caution/experience, then it defeats the "cam/intake/carb" only swap. Retainer's not the problem, it's the heads. Since it IS the smallest of the Comp solids, I'd do exactly what RRR said, that or the "0249"/340HP DC/MP spring. The 901 is the std. recommended spring, & and NO You cannot just use the outers from the duals, in case You were wondering....
already done. The 901 springs are coming wendesday.

-
Back