Stock 340 manifolds value

-
:)
Very nice!
DSC_0005_1.jpg

I'm really suprised that the drivers manifold even works if you study the flow path. I know there is pressure forcing the exhaust toward the opening but geez.

Too bad Ma didn't pay as much attention to SB as she did the max wedge stuff LOL

DSCN0712.jpg

This is the original 318 motor in my 70 Dart, before I put a 360 in.
Stock 318,340 HiPo manifolds, Dual exhaust/H pipe, 4bbl Edl Performer, Edl 600cfm, Mopar Electronic Ign.
Stock 273 gear 8 3/4 rear, peg leg. 215/70-14 tires. This combo would roast the tires all the way down the street.
So yes, this is real world experience with 340 manifolds on a 318.

Picture 498.jpg

Are you showing off? Those are the ones I think I really want. If they are in your way pm me and I can send you my zip code as I'd be willing to take them off your hands to help you tidy the garage! Lol

lol.. they are waiting to be put on jamies dart..

Is that your teen? Looks like a Magnum manifold on the drivers side there. It also looks like it fits well with the steering and not restrictive like the stock manifolds.
That is not a magnum manifold, it's what you'd find on a small block on a B/E body OR a A-body with manual steering. Also, these will work with power steering, I've done it.

Too bad Ma didn't pay as much attention to SB as she did the max wedge stuff LOL

DSCN0712.jpg
Just some info...lf some one has or thinking of buying
The max wedge manifolds.
They will NOT fit into a "A" body
Steering column wants to go in the middle of the outlet.
look at where the rear bolt hole on the passengers side manifold is
you will notice how far back you would have to move the fire wall back (3-4")
The only way I could get them to fit was swap sides, plus move the master cylinder out of the way, move the alternator to the driver's side, and build some custom head pipes to exhaust to the rear

60b42fd0-fc49-4f42-829a-10038e74a9ab_zpsoxsasxd4.jpg

Last edited:
This is the original 318 motor in my 70 Dart, before I put a 360 in.
Stock 318,340 HiPo manifolds, Dual exhaust/H pipe, 4bbl Edl Performer, Edl 600cfm, Mopar Electronic Ign.
Stock 273 gear 8 3/4 rear, peg leg. 215/70-14 tires. This combo would roast the tires all the way down the street.
So yes, this is real world experience with 340 manifolds on a 318.

View attachment 1714952994
So, it wouldn't roast the tires with 318 manifolds?

-
Back