Stock SB rocker shaft shims

-

dustadude

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry if this had been answered but had a quick qurstion of if anyone runs shims between the rockers? I noticed some play between some and wondered if I need to correct this?
Thanks for taking the time to read this

Depends on the rocker arms you are using? Also the hold down clamps act as shims. Those can be used to correct the slop on the rocker arms.

Show us the shims you're talking about.

says this on bottom of page....
These steel spacers are used on engines with adjustable rocker arms to improve valve tip alignment. This allows the engine to rev higher and reduces the possibility of parts breakage.

says this on bottom of page....
These steel spacers are used on engines with adjustable rocker arms to improve valve tip alignment. This allows the engine to rev higher and reduces the possibility of parts breakage.
Right, I was just curious if anything like this was, or would be used on the standard shaft mounted stock rockersbecuase I've noticed some play in mine?

Depends on the rocker arms you are using? Also the hold down clamps act as shims. Those can be used to correct the slop on the rocker arms.
Yep. Alot of times you can turn them around and swap them around until things even up. I've also welded and filed them to fit too.

With all the flex you’re better served just not worrying about it. When it’s running there’s not that much slop.

-
Back