STOLEN!!! 1967 Barracuda 440/727

-
Sorry to hear. Maybe contact Mopar Collectors Guide magazine and they likely would put the story in for people to keep an eye out for it.

Keeping my eyes open in Ontario. As mentioned a couple times above, interior color, trailer type, color etc etc

Was the car on the trailer when it was stolen? Hindsight is always 20/20 but my cousin sells trailers and doesn't have a locked yard. What he's done is actually purchase those boots that Ticket cops put on your car for too many tickets. They aren't that expensive and deter a lot of theft.

Like another member said, keep an eye out for parts in the classifieds. If they are smart though they will strip the paint off them first. But look for any unique parts that you might have had.

If they are smart though they will strip the paint off them first. But look for any unique parts that you might have had.

Although not car related, when me and my buddy were around 12yrs old, we had mini bikes. Mine was regulation, but his was a Orange chopper style. He saved up some money a bought a brand new 5hp Briggs and put on it. Engine was a silver color and he said it looked too plain, so he painted the center of the pull starter orange. He left it in his carport and a few weeks later it was gone.....he was pissed, but figured it was gone for good. About a month later we were walking up to town and a older kid came up the street on one that looked similar but was all flat black, i mean everything. About 5 min. later he came back the other way and we stopped him to look at it. He said he'd just gotten it and other then the paint and the muffler had been sawed off we were sure that was it. I recognised the guy, he was about 16yrs old and had a rep as a bad *** so we just let him go on his way. We went right home and called the cops. We explained the story and they took us over to his house and they knocked on the door and spoke to the parents and they told the cop that it was his. He came back to the car and said there was nothing he could do because we had no proof.....Then i remembered the orange spot on the pull starter so i convinced the cop to go and check. We all went up to the house and the cop said he needed to see it. When they produced it the cop took his key and scraped the black paint off and Bingo, there was the orange paint. This dumbass kid already had a bunch of juvenile convictions for stuff and he ended up in a facility until he was 18. Long story, but the most minor thing can make a difference.

where im originally from, they would be-head a theif ....i have no idea why they dont do that to car theives here

in the old west they used to hang a theif that stole another man's horse or woman......i dont get why now criminals get so many rights and a pat on the back for being a turd by way of three meals a day and a warm bed.

Got my eyes peeled in the Colorado front range area

Although not car related, when me and my buddy were around 12yrs old, we had mini bikes. Mine was regulation, but his was a Orange chopper style. He saved up some money a bought a brand new 5hp Briggs and put on it. Engine was a silver color and he said it looked too plain, so he painted the center of the pull starter orange. He left it in his carport and a few weeks later it was gone.....he was pissed, but figured it was gone for good. About a month later we were walking up to town and a older kid came up the street on one that looked similar but was all flat black, i mean everything. About 5 min. later he came back the other way and we stopped him to look at it. He said he'd just gotten it and other then the paint and the muffler had been sawed off we were sure that was it. I recognised the guy, he was about 16yrs old and had a rep as a bad *** so we just let him go on his way. We went right home and called the cops. We explained the story and they took us over to his house and they knocked on the door and spoke to the parents and they told the cop that it was his. He came back to the car and said there was nothing he could do because we had no proof.....Then i remembered the orange spot on the pull starter so i convinced the cop to go and check. We all went up to the house and the cop said he needed to see it. When they produced it the cop took his key and scraped the black paint off and Bingo, there was the orange paint. This dumbass kid already had a bunch of juvenile convictions for stuff and he ended up in a facility until he was 18. Long story, but the most minor thing can make a difference.

Yeah my young cousin who is 16 was in the Spartan Race. At the end each person was given a T-shirt. These shirts were ONLY given to the people who did the race. Anyways someone at his school stole the shirt from his locker during gym class.

God help the kid if he tries wearing it around town....

You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for helping. Yes, this is the car I had at Cruisin Grand awhile back with the 440/727. Here is the description of what I've done to the car over the years:
7444384-rsz_037.jpg

1967 Barracuda Fastback (light yellow, original paint, not repainted)
17" Mustang Bullitt wheels with 245/45-17's front 245/45-17 Nitto 555 drag radials on the back.
Special aluminum one off center caps on all 4 wheels.
8 3/4 rear made 3" wider for big reverse on wheels. 3:55 suregrip.
Larger truck rear drums on rearend.
Tubular upper A-arms.
I welded boxing plates on lower arms.
Large bolt pattern disk brakes on front(stock style setup)
71' 440 with 440 aluminum heads painted orange to match block.
Edelbrock RPM intake with Holley 770 Street Avenger.
Shumacher headers uncoated.
Shumacher /6 to RB conversion motor mounts.
Edelbrock chrome air cleaner with scuffs on it.
B-body stock style radiator with no fan shroud and mechanical fan.
Battery is trunk mounted on drivers side.
Racing style high back bucket seats. Rest of interior is stock.
Hurst pistol grip style shifter with red button on top and hand fabricated mount on floor. No aluminum cover.
Passenger side door panel material seperating at the top.
All black interior.
Passenger side front fender has factory primer starting to show through on top edge.
The only rust on the car is lower passenger side corner of rear window about the size of a dime. Also where the rear pan meets the quarter panel has about a dime size spot starting to bubble.
Old JVC tape deck in the factory mounting holes.
Speaker mounted in kick panels.
727 trans. with forward pattern manual valve body and deep pan.

Just paid for an add in the Penny Saver which will hit 20 zip codes in the area and is delivered to every homes mailbox with an add reporting the car stolen.

I'm gonna keep a lookout here in Sc. Good luck on the recovery. I just have to mention that there are 4 posts on this thread and you have a total of 5 and have been a member for 7 1/2 yrs.........that my friend deserves some kind of award :cheers:.

Sorry for your loss. I will keep my eyes out for anyone trying to sell it on the net.

Ma Snart

Thank you so much guys. It has to turn up at some point. Trying not to think about parts showing up, but I know I have to be realistic.

Sorry for the loss, really hope it gets found before it's chopped up or retagged.

Everyone reading this should consider putting a gps tracking device in your car and/or trailer. Can cut recovery time down to HOURS instead of weeks/months/never...plus you get the satisfaction of finding out where the dirtbags live! :evil2:

-
Back