Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Tryin to keep my Old A$$ in shape, Just came back from a 8 mile Bicycle ride... Been raining here for a week, So my first chance to get out on a relatively warm/sunny day......
8 miles, that is a good distance, I have not rode a bike in about two years, seems after two miles I was wore out, no flat roads near me, 8 miles would burn a bunch of calories and work the lungs good, count your blessings Mitch , I am, I love it out here in the sticks, simple yet livable

The good. Found a socket that fit - might be a snapon.
upload_2018-12-17_17-6-18.png

Inside wires seem OK but I didnt take a good look. Didnt even have my glasses. LOL

The garage is more of a mess than I remembered. I need to put things away and clear the bench. But decided to do a quick check of the squareback alternator's recitifier diodes using the DMM. All seem OK in that they flow only in one direction. While at at, decided to do a quick check of the field for open or grounds. UH - What's this? Field to ground is 9 Ohms!?? Think we're getting to the problem. Remove the inside brush and the insulator is not so good. Resistance goes up. Hmm. Remove the otehr brush and insulator. Resistance is now infinate. Of course the one thing I didn't buy was brushes and insolators because this one was only a few years old rebuild...:BangHead:

IMG_9828.JPG

IMG_9830.JPG

IMG_9832.JPG

The diode press showed up this morning. The guy was jabbering on after he sold it to me about how wonderful solid tool it was. Joking about throeing him extra money, blah blah. I actually wrote back and asked if he didn't want to sell it, that's fine. No hard feelings. you know.

Turns out someone had used it for a c-clamp. Grrrr. more like abused it. Isnt worth one more cent IMO. Hopefully the alignment requiments for pressing them in and out don't need to be too exact. Will be a while before I find out.
Anyway. If someone needs to borrow. lemme know.

IMG_9818.JPG

IMG_9825.JPG

The diode press showed up this morning. The guy was jabbering on after he sold it to me about how wonderful solid tool it was. Joking about throeing him extra money, blah blah. I actually wrote back and asked if he didn't want to sell it, that's fine. No hard feelings. you know.

Turns out someone had used it for a c-clamp. Grrrr. more like abused it. Isnt worth one more cent IMO. Hopefully the alignment requiments for pressing them in and out don't need to be too exact. Will be a while before I find out.
Anyway. If someone needs to borrow. lemme know.

View attachment 1715263104

View attachment 1715263105
So I see....:(:(

So I see....:(:(
It's a little disappointing but it didn't cost too much.
It all came about 'cause started a thread on moparts asking if anyone had experience pressing out the diodes. I worked with a guy (30 years ago) that noticed he had a bad diode, fixed it, and showed up to work just an hour or two late. So figured maybe the special tool isn't needed. This guy offers that he has the correct tool, has never used it, and would be glad to pass it on to someone who will. Great.
So the only really annoying part was that after he packaged it, he keeps joking? about sending him more $ cause its such a heavy duty tool. I already had tossed in a couple more dollars to make sure he didn't get burned on shipping. That's why I wrote him back asking if he wanted to keep it and just rent it or what.

It's a little disappointing but it didn't cost too much.
It all came about 'cause started a thread on moparts asking if anyone had experience pressing out the diodes. I worked with a guy (30 years ago) that noticed he had a bad diode, fixed it, and showed up to work just an hour or two late. So figured maybe the special tool isn't needed. This guy offers that he has the correct tool, has never used it, and would be glad to pass it on to someone who will. Great.
So the only really annoying part was that after he packaged it, he keeps joking? about sending him more $ cause its such a heavy duty tool. I already had tossed in a couple more dollars to make sure he didn't get burned on shipping. That's why I wrote him back asking if he wanted to keep it and just rent it or what.
Perhaps a little tweak in a hydraulic press will nudge it back into shape.

A few more potential t-shirt images I finalized today. I can do these cars in any color, and I will probably add quite a few more models in the same style.

84B99EC0-5DA4-492E-85D7-00BF61C504F3.jpeg

39FA16EC-0834-4993-9CEB-E892CD2F4164.jpeg

-
Back