Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Heat it with a hair drier then close it it will mold, that "flap" looks pretty straight, mine is almost folded over. Or wipe it down with pure silicone like tire shine it will mold.
I'll give it a try. Cheryl has a hair dryer that can melt ice...:D

You might just want to make one ran into that on my 74. Not hard to do just intimidating.

I have never built a harness before. I think I could muddle my way through it, but the time it would take, I would rather just buy one if I could.

Probably not hard to modify what is there already. I ran mine for a while with the slant harness, if anything it was a bit to long.

I have never built a harness before. I think I could muddle my way through it, but the time it would take, I would rather just buy one if I could.
I've found the tech help at Summit Racing to be great help. They have the resources to tell you what can go with what and work. Be worth a call.

Speaking of caffeine free, its time to head out and see if i can find someone to buy me a cup of coffee.
Have a great day,everybody!

Probably not hard to modify what is there already. I ran mine for a while with the slant harness, if anything it was a bit to long.

Thanks and good morning Hoppy...

The current harness has been butchered over the years. First modified by extending the distributor wires for the big block by dad, then the last owner had a bunch of scotch locks and other cobbleness done. I guess maybe I will look at it closer and see what can be done with it. I am missing a lot under the hood and new to these cars so it will take a ton of Google searches.

3/4 of that plug is the front lights from what I remember so they get left alone. I just made mine after the engine fire I had. Really was not bad but I was anal on it using the right color wires took more time finding the wires then making it.

Don't be scared of it it is pretty easy actually, just want the right crimper and removal tool. I bought a assortment of terminals and plugs off e bay that really saved a lot of time for me.

Thanks and good morning Hoppy...

The current harness has been butchered over the years. First modified by extending the distributor wires for the big block by dad, then the last owner had a bunch of scotch locks and other cobbleness done. I guess maybe I will look at it closer and see what can be done with it. I am missing a lot under the hood and new to these cars so it will take a ton of Google searches.
The YO harness I bought was almost as good as an original. So its time vs money situation.
Dont waste much time with g**gle.
Print the wiring diagrams. Then lay out your existing harness on a board with everything labeled.
Then look for pictures as you need, but nothing working from the real thing.
Mark up the diagrams as needed - add in the ECU harness.
Make your own harness diagram. Harness being how the wires are bundled and connect.

I can lay it down to where you'd just have to give it a light push to latch. It goes down just won't latch.

View attachment 1715263251

View attachment 1715263252
I cant remember off the top of my head. No digitial picts of that on my car. See if there are any in the FSM or some show cars with their hoods up.
Is that hitting on top of the radiator?
I should be back to the garage some time the next day or two and can take some pictures of the one on my 67 then.

good morning all ya all
tenor.gif

-
Back