Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
30 years ago, I had a neighbor who was obsessed with getting the highest gas mileage he could. He had a little Datsun that he leaned out and retarded the timing to try to optimize his MPGs.

Me and my friend decided to secretly help him out by putting an extra gallon of gas in his tank every other night when he slept. He was beside himself when his mileage slowly went up to 80 mpg as he kept tinkering with the engine. We let this go on for about a month and then started warning him every time he bragged about his mileage that he was going to ruin the engine with his tinkering.

A couple of weeks later, we started siphoning out a gallon every other night until his mileage eventually sank to 9 mpg. In disgust and assuming the engine was ruined, he gave the car to my friend co-conspirator who said he would put a new engine in it for him for $150 (of course he didn't). He just tuned the car back to specs, painted a few things to make it look like a different engine, and the neighbor drove it for another 4 years, never again trying to optimize his mileage.

:lol:

A few adjustments and fine-tuning of the SLO image...

10BBC881-973E-466A-986F-D049ED23DBCE.jpeg

97.9 per litre. Whatever that works out to. Last week was 1.11.

How are you guys doing with your Christmas shopping? I think I'm done but my wife will have a different idea I'm sure. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Messed up this morning when cleaning the alternator diode tester. I thought the quart can was alcohol, but it was acetone. :BangHead:
Even alcohol was too strong. Oh well. For the price, it will be nice if it works at all. Got the glass back in. Very slightly loosened the movement, straightened the needle and it seems to move without hanging up except at 3 amps.
I'll probaly change the power cord on it before plugging it in. Just too much super brittle cracked insulation for shrink tubing or electric tape.

IMG_9784.JPG

IMG_9900.JPG

IMG_9903.JPG

How are you guys doing with your Christmas shopping? I think I'm done but my wife will have a different idea I'm sure. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
Finished mine tonight. Me and the wife usually just get 1 thing for the house or something we can use. This year we bought a new camera for our vacations. Well then she goes and buys me a separate gift. So I had to go buy something now... Grr. Well she is getting a expensive bottle of Tequila.

Finished mine tonight. Me and the wife usually just get 1 thing for the house or something we can use. This year we bought a new camera for our vacations. Well then she goes and buys me a separate gift. So I had to go buy something now... Grr. Well she is getting a expensive bottle of Tequila.
perfect!

I'll probaly change the power cord on it before plugging it in. Just too much super brittle cracked insulation for shrink tubing or electric tape.
that thing at the end is not a plug. It's an insulation tester. Try it! :lol:

-
Back