Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yeah, we are supposed to get all, rain during the day Sunday with a 50* temp drop in 4 hours. They are calling it a “flash freeze”.

Jeez, now they are predicting 8* on Sunday night with windchills of -12*.

Yuck!
Forcast was looking like wet slush, then temperature drop follows. Guess we'll just have to keep an eye on it. I hate running the sno-throw through slush. But if it goes as cold as predicted for the following days - it could be even worse than not clearing it.
I rarely look at wind chill temps. I look at the wind, I look at the temperature, then dress accordingly.

Yeah, we are supposed to get all, rain during the day Sunday with a 50* temp drop in 4 hours. They are calling it a “flash freeze”.
So about 24 hours or so behind us. They’ve issued blizzard watches for us already

Flash freeze is what happens when you pee outside in minus 30...

Forcast was looking like wet slush, then temperature drop follows. Guess we'll just have to keep an eye on it. I hate running the sno-throw through slush. But if it goes as cold as predicted for the following days - it could be even worse than not clearing it.
I rarely look at wind chill temps. I look at the wind, I look at the temperature, then dress accordingly.
Yeah and the big problem is that below 16* actual temp no type of salt will work.

That KC/NE game in Kansas may kick off at the lowest temp for a playoff game in recent history. With an ambient temp of -15 estimate and windchill nearing -30... per ESPN

With these temps, it is good they dont just play for the love of the game. $M's helps stay warm.

That's roughly 10 minutes more than I hope to be outside. lol
No ****. So glad I rotated my tires two weeks ago. Found the cracked studs and replaced them. Temps that cold would have had them busted and flying off

They are calling it a “flash freeze”.
A a low temp of -10 ambient on Sunday.
That's going to a b*tch for roads and walks. It will be difficult to keep the concentration of any type of melt salt high enough through that scenario. And traction aid, grit, gravel, sand doesn't do any good if its under the ice.

That's going to a b*tch for roads and walks. It will be difficult to keep the concentration of any type of melt salt high enough through that scenario. And traction aid, grit, gravel, sand doesn't do any good if its under the ice.
No salt in any concentration will work at those temps.

Yeah and the big problem is that below 16* actual temp no type of salt will work.
Funny, wjile you posted that i was typing the same thing in a more long winded fashion.
Which gives me and idea.
All we have to do is put our elected representatives and leaders, along with all the wannabees that ran against them, on the back of the plow trucks.

I don’t think any of it will work at those temps

Funny, wjile you posted that i was typing the same thing in a more long winded fashion.
Which gives me and idea.
All we have to do is put our elected representatives and leaders, along with all the wannabees that ran against them, on the back of the plow trucks.
Yeah, their hot air from their mouth running would warm up the air 40 degrees

No salt in any concentration will work at those temps.
My thinking was one approach would be to put it down early and but it will get diluted.
And once its frozen at those termperatures, I think its not practically possible to melt effectively. At best maybe make little holes around each pellet where the molar concentration is really high.

Right. That's the trouble. Its all wasted. Somehow it needs to be directed at the street.
Or towards hell... wait now I get it, that’s why hell is said to be so hot. Lots of politicians there I bet

I don’t think any of it will work at those temps
I always understood that was one reason much of New England used sand and gravel, not salt. And that was true in parts of NJ too, even when I was still living there.
But I don't know if that wsa the real reason or not.

My thinking was one approach would be to put it down early and but it will get diluted.
And once its frozen at those termperatures, I think its not practically possible to melt effectively. At best maybe make little holes around each pellet where the molar concentration is really high.
Even that won’t work. There is no molar concentration high enough to work at those temps. It will have to melt the ice and have the water sublimate before it all refreezes.

I always understood that was one reason much of New England used sand and gravel, not salt. And that was true in parts of NJ too, even when I was still living there.
But I don't know if that wsa the real reason or not.
Northern States use it cause salt's not effective. Jersey used it cause it was cheep. You can even sweep it up and re-use. lol

Yeah, their hot air from their mouth running would warm up the air 40 degrees
Nah, it won’t work. While they blow plenty of hot air, it has no substance. There will be nearly zero effect on the real World once it’s diluted by true substance.

-
Back