Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just checked.
Still cold.
With wind chill -42. Colder tonight.
Guy coming to get a couple batteries changed. Too dam cold to do it out in the wind.

Just checked.
Still cold.
With wind chill -42. Colder tonight.
Guy coming to get a couple batteries changed. Too dam cold to do it out in the wind.
nice, forecast here is for -36 to -50

Well, me vs insurance is still going. Feels like a game of whak-a-mole. Where I am the only mole playing. :eek: I need to show mileage on my new tires and might get a little more. I am about 99% decided to let the car go. Would be more :bs_flag:than I want to deal with. Salvage game is much easier for guys with trailers...

Well, me vs insurance is still going. Feels like a game of whak-a-mole. Where I am the only mole playing. :eek: I need to show mileage on my new tires and might get a little more. I am about 99% decided to let the car go. Would be more :bs_flag:than I want to deal with. Salvage game is much easier for guys with trailers...
lawsuit time

So sorry Keith...believe me I know how you feel. I just put a new transmission in mine at the tune of $1600 and in the end I got $850. I was not in the position to deal and I couldn't buy a new car. It hurts man and it brings back bad memories for me.

I'm more with Chris on this because sometimes just possibility it could go to courts is enough to nudge things your way.
But at the end of the day you've got to do what you feel comfortable doing. And if that means letting it go, so be it. Time to move on.

I'm more with Chris on this because sometimes just possibility it could go to courts is enough to nudge things your way.
But at the end of the day you've got to do what you feel comfortable doing. And if that means letting it go, so be it. Time to move on.
I'm thinking he has PTSD and the added stress caused from the aftermath of this accident warrants taking them to court. His neck seems to be feeling sore too, tingliness in his limbs too. I bet you they settle for 100,000...

All from early to mid 60's. $20 for all 10.
Well worth it. Should be fun to read and generally informative. You'll still have to sift the chaff from the wheat. Some things don't change. LOL. I actually think the bad info then was more because hot rodders were exploring, now more because too many writers are know-it-alls.

I'm thinking he has PTSD and the added stress caused from the aftermath of this accident warrants taking them to court. His neck seems to be feeling sore too, tingliness in his limbs too. I bet you they settle for 100,000...
Very funny but NOT what I was thinking.

This afternoon was automotive electric fun.
Fired up the Barracuda and seem to have resolved the voltage drop in the ignition to field connections.
Unfortunately, it was still regulating close to 15.0 Volts.
grump grump.
Checked for voltage drop between the regulator housing and the battery negative. 7 miliVolts. So that wasn't it.
confused-gif.gif

Regulator is pretty new. Standard. Made in USA.
It's possible that once warmed up the regulation will change. Some sort of built in function after powering up.
huh-gif.gif
Later I'll see if there's any info on the Studebaker forums.

Then I pulled the Wagoneer in and started looking for Voltage drops on it. Also measured current out of the battery and alternator under different loads. That one is still a head scratcher too.

Cold battery and alt/reg wil run at 15,zshoukd drop as they warm up.
15 on gauge or on a good hand held voltmeter?

Cold battery and alt/reg wil run at 15,zshoukd drop as they warm up.
15 on gauge or on a good hand held voltmeter?
All Voltage measurements on the Barracuda were measured with a digital multimeter.
For the measurement at the VR I was backprobing the connector.

Car was cold in the automotive sense.
The garage temperatures in the 50s F

All Voltage measurements on the Barracuda were measured with a digital multimeter.
For the measurement at the VR I was backprobing the connector.

Car was cold in the automotive sense.
The garage temperatures in the 50s F
I finally said screw it and came back in the house, it is butt cold here, 25 below and wind is howling. I mixed a drink and started on dinner, plus fired up a crock pot and dumped a elk haunch in it. Cutting up veggies now. Man it is cold up here boys. At 25 below and wind howling there is just no point in discussing wind chill. It is cold period.

I finally said screw it and came back in the house, it is butt cold here, 25 below and wind is howling. I mixed a drink and started on dinner, plus fired up a crock pot and dumped a elk haunch in it. Cutting up veggies now. Man it is cold up here boys. At 25 below and wind howling there is just no point in discussing wind chill. It is cold period.
Where's the YUCK button?? By the way, what the heck is elk haunch??

-
Back