Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Evening all.

Man, it’s been a long afternoon working with my county zoning board to get everything needed for our building permits. But it looks like it’s all in order minus the blueprints

I think the BIG red tag hanging from the sun visor or the driver side window would be best reminder. Even if the panel remains on the dash, probably not a good idea to leave it plugged in while the engine is running.

Aches and pain setting in.
4 hr drive and lifting/holding transfer case, dont know what is the cause. But oh man legs hurt.
Right to the bone.

I think the BIG red tag hanging from the sun visor or the driver side window would be best reminder. Even if the panel remains on the dash, probably not a good idea to leave it plugged in while the engine is running.
Maybe run a relay,ign on energizes relay and opens solar panel circuit. Or diodes?

Evening all.

Man, it’s been a long afternoon working with my county zoning board to get everything needed for our building permits. But it looks like it’s all in order minus the blueprints

Do a "Remodel" permit :rolleyes: Out here a remodel permit is like $100, pencil and paper drawings (last time I checked) were all that was required. Structure still had to make building codes. Just have to leave ONE wall from the original structure, which 9 times out of 10 is removed after final inspection. :rolleyes: What a racket :rofl:Start with an 800 sq ft beach shack end up with a multi level 4000 sq ft dwelling for $100.

Do a "Remodel" permit :rolleyes: Out here a remodel permit is like $100, pencil and paper drawings (last time I checked) were all that was required. Structure still had to make building codes. Just have to leave ONE wall from the original structure, which 9 times out of 10 is removed after final inspection. :rolleyes: What a racket :rofl:Start with an 800 sq ft beach shack end up with a multi level 4000 sq ft dwelling for $100.
Mines for new construction. All permits are free. Just have to have about 30 things all filled out, each from a different department of the county

Just playing with an image and having some fun...

E58162AC-3864-47B2-A8B1-11E20070522A.jpeg

That's great news, progress, building something that's your own. :thumbsup:
Yeah got a long ways to go. I’ve got to clear a 100x 100 section of old forest out, by myself. Gonna be fun... not. But beats paying what the contractors want(15-18 k) . for that kind of money, I’ll cut the **** myself and rent a dozer for 1500 bucks for a month.

Yeah got a long ways to go. I’ve got to clear a 100x 100 section of old forest out, by myself. Gonna be fun... not. But beats paying what the contractors want(15-18 k) . for that kind of money, I’ll cut the **** myself and rent a dozer for 1500 bucks for a month.

Got wood cutters in your neighborhood? Let them cut and haul out to sell and keep part of the cut for yourself. The firewood guys around here love that kinda deal.

Got wood cutters in your neighborhood? Let them cut and haul out to sell and keep part of the cut for yourself. The firewood guys around here love that kinda deal.
Looked into it. It was too small of a job for most as they’re all booked up right now. Timber prices are up big in this area right now.

How many trees? Sizes?
Hard to say, haven’t counted. Diameters range from saplings to 4+ feet in diameter. Mostly Beech. A couple hickories and pinoaks. Maybe an ash or sycamore here or there. I’ve got a pretty good start, probably about a 1/3 of the way done now. Finding a lot of the beech trees are pure rotten in the middle

Hard to say, haven’t counted. Diameters range from saplings to 4+ feet in diameter. Mostly Beech. A couple hickories and pinoaks. Maybe an ash or sycamore here or there. I’ve got a pretty good start, probably about a 1/3 of the way done now. Finding a lot of the beech trees are pure rotten in the middle
Beech trees are known for that. Knock them down, cut the wood up and make a nice seasoned firewood pile. Rip the stumps out with a dozer and level the ground.

Seems like a plan.

It’s pretty good. A nice dark roast with full body flavor. I like mixing it with our favorite medium roast Wawa coffee to get a nice rich flavor that is reminiscent of dark chocolate. 1/3 MDB and 2/3 Wawa. The MDB is just a bit bitter on its own.

I have found, like beer and cigars, I prefer the dark and bitter. Dark stout beer, maduro cigars, and dark roast coffee all have similar tastes

I totally agree with this but I am going the exact opposite way because of DNR etc. For me I had to get approved to expand an existing clearing. Then it was stated that the trees could not be sold. The guy that's doing my excavating is siting them as "hazard trees" because they are close enough to neighbors on both sides. I should get between 2-3k for the one load they will take out, the rest will be stacked for firewood. If you don't have tree huggers around you and people that want to fine the hell out of you or put a hold on your building permit you are lucky! Yeah, 18k is a LOT of money, do it yourself...if you can.

I have found, like beer and cigars, I prefer the dark and bitter. Dark stout beer, maduro cigars, and dark roast coffee all have similar tastes
Taste buds are a funny thing. I have done dozens of taste panels using hundreds of test subjects in my business and there are 3 categories when it comes to bitter flavors.

Bitter blind (can’t taste bitter at all)
Bitter tolerant (mild bitter response)
Bitter intolerant (extreme bitter sensitivity)

I fall between bitter tolerant and bitter intolerant. Mild bitter is OK, but I can’t take much of it before I have an adverse reaction.

We find similar categories when it comes to spicy flavors.

Everyone is different as to what they perceive in flavors...and can tolerate.

Good Evening All! We are back from the wife's surgery, they moved it from Valentines Day to today : ) Things went well, all stones removed and stint comes out in 7-10 days. She's a trooper!

-
Back