Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
:rofl: I can tolerate a lot. Whether I choose to do it again is a whole other story. :rofl:
Not everything is a joke. I’m sharing knowledge that you can’t get unless you are in this business.

I’m all for fun, but sometimes I wonder why I waste my time sharing hard earned knowledge if it just going to be joked about like some picture of a girl in a bikini.

Maybe I should just go away for a while...

Hey all...
Got the new fuel pump and filter today. We put them on.
Yes mad sure the shaft or whatever its called was positioned right to lay on the arm of the fuel pump.
Cranked like crazy for quite awhile and still no fuel at the carb...I mean nothing.
Checked the tank plenty of gas.
Disconnected the line at the fuel pump inlet. Ran some compressed air down the gas tube/tank and a one sec burst had gas coming out the disconnected line.
Hooked it back up cranked some more no gas to the pump or filter. I got a cheap clear one to put on so we could see the fuel.
Battery ran out of crank...and recharging.
Buddy has a car siphoned pump. Maybe run it and see if we can't slowly force some fuel through the pump and filter.
Any other idea's?? This is frustrating.

Evening all.

Man, it’s been a long afternoon working with my county zoning board to get everything needed for our building permits. But it looks like it’s all in order minus the blueprints
How the heck you get building permits without blue prints? HMMM..

Hey all...
Yes mad sure the shaft or whatever its called was positioned right to lay on the arm of the fuel pump.
Cranked like crazy for quite awhile and still no fuel at the carb...I mean nothing.
Disconnected the line at the fuel pump inlet. Ran some compressed air down the gas tube/tank and a one sec burst had gas coming out the disconnected line.
Hooked it back up cranked some more no gas to the pump or filter. I got a cheap clear one to put on so we could see the fuel.
Buddy has a car siphoned pump. Maybe run it and see if we can't slowly force some fuel through the pump and filter.
Is the Cam Eccentric in there?

Hey all...

Try a little air on the tank end of things while you crank it?

No don't think so the only internal is the fuel pump arm. Its sitting and seeded where it should.

No don't think so the only internal is the fuel pump arm. Its sitting and seeded where it should.
It runs on/off the eccentric on the end of the cam shaft. If the car had an electric pump, the eccentric might have been left off...

Or worn away, or fallen off. Isn't there a little roll pin that retains it in it's eccentric position?
Yes, just talked to Craig on the phone, he has a course of action for tomorrow. BUT I am leaning towards the eccentric being a problem. The old pump did not work as well. HMMM

Get a clean squeeze container that has a tip on it, disconnect the carb from the main fuel line, cut the tip so it can fit where the fuel line enters the carburetor, fill the container with gas, insert the container tip in to the carb fuel inlet and squeeze to fill the float bowl, take the main fuel line end and place it in a large clean container, start the engine and let it idle, monitor the fuel line and shut the engine off when fuel starts coming out of the fuel line and into the container. if successful reconnect the fuel line to the carb, if not and the engine stalls, refill the float bowl and repeat the process.

Cost me an extra night in LA. I pulled the dipstick before I hit the road home :wtf: it's 2" past the full mark. Let's take a sniff, feels kinda watery :BangHead:

Or worn away, or fallen off. Isn't there a little roll pin that retains it in it's eccentric position?
Its there we checked it. It seem to slowly fall as it should without the fuel arm to stop it. Its a possibility. I'll mention it to my MOPAR buddy. He's over Sunday. Called and told him the problems we had and his reply was "ok we'll figure it out".

Much easier to check for eccentric function. Just remove pump, put finger up and hold the rod in place, and crank the engine and see if rod moves up and down.

383? As you know there is a rod that runs the pump. That runs off the eccentric. Same engineering idea.
Yes a rod. I know what most of it is just not maybe the proper name. Neighbor is my engine guy grew up in a engine shop and parts business his family owned. He later ran the business for 40 years until he sold it.

-
Back