Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
hmmm I'm wondering on this 383, if itd be a better idea to try to turn it over after soaking for 2 weeks in ATF by the flywheel versus the front of crank.

hmmm I'm wondering on this 383, if itd be a better idea to try to turn it over after soaking for 2 weeks in ATF by the flywheel versus the front of crank.
How are you going to grab onto the flywheel? The bolts are too small. Stay on the crank and clockwise if you can. (so the bolt stays tight.)

How are you going to grab onto the flywheel? The bolts are too small. Stay on the crank and clockwise if you can. (so the bolt stays tight.)
61%2BcMnd5hhL._SL1500_.jpg

You will need one sooner or later. The only other way is to take the flywheel off, screw in a couple grade 8's and use a pry bar between them.
Thats actually what I was gonna do. I need to find one or maybe just go get a grade 8 one for the front of the crank.

Choke rod, cut a slot in a 1/4” or 5/16” bolt. Put over rods and snug up a nut.

1.5 hours and i almost made my way into a corner. I have a big bucket i throw scrap/old parts into, its finally getting emptied.
All the curlys from the drill press go in there too. Will not load into junk truck as all the little bits are tough to pick up.

Every crane I ever worked, right above the becket to the headache ball there were at least 2 of those clamps on the main load line. "Never saddle a dead horse" was the rule for those clamps and load lines :lol:

I just happened to flip past the Weather Channel yesterday when they were talking about the Southwest. The powers that be have "officially" decided that we are having an El Nino event. :rolleyes: They didn't say which of the 3 documented varieties this is.
i was just reading that. I guess its the most feared one for tornadic weather in the spring time, followed by hotter than hell temps for the summer for the plains and midwest

i was just reading that. I guess its the most feared one for tornadic weather in the spring time, followed by hotter than hell temps for the summer for the plains and midwest

They've had some ferocious winds in the passes and peaks on the coastal mtn. ranges. Some knocking on the 100mph door. 50mph here along the coast has been the rule of the day for the last week or so, at times. Haven't had any piers or breakwaters destroyed yet. I hope it gets the rain out of it's system by March. World of Outlaws, March Meet, numerous circle track seasons, it's cuttin' into my race spectating schedule :lol:

Hey all. if you use a thick base gasket, the factory choke will not work any longer. Food for thought. The choke rod will be to short to function correctly.
Yeah I failed to mention the difference in choke rod length. It worked it just didn't open to quite vertical. Easy fix. File 2 little notches in the rod, cut it in two between the notches. Use a little piece of soft tubing to extend the rod the same difference as base gasket thickness. Stake the tubing to the notches with a wire terminal crimper.

-
Back