Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Mine did start and run fine from cold start. When the engine got hot I could watch the plastic filter nearly empty and refill repeatedly. Right before the pump refilled the filter and line the engine would lean/stumble a moment. If I drove it to the store and let it sit 30/45 minutes it seemed flooded. Had to hold the pedal to the floor to restart. Like I said the Valiant never did that chit. Today the B'cuda doesn't either. I think there had to be vapor pressure in that filter and line. Enough to overcome the OEM fuel pumps output pressure doesn't even sound possible does it? All I know is the vapor had to vent through the needle into the bowl while the pump would squirt squirt squirt refilling the filter and line with liquid fuel. Then the cycle repeated.
Yep, and the puppy pee gas we have nowdays doesn't seem to help. Hot soak vapor lock problems has always been a issue with my 66 Dart. It doesn't help that the cast intake is a huge heat sink and the AFB/AVS carbs have the fuel bowls bolted close to the intake. Aluminum intakes aren't effected as much. Holley's not as much as well. (think where the fuel bowls are on those) Even a carb spacer or thick gaskets help quite a bit as you well know.

Yep, and the puppy pee gas we have nowdays doesn't seem to help. Hot soak vapor lock problems has always been a issue with my 66 Dart. It doesn't help that the cast intake is a huge heat sink and the AFB/AVS carbs have the fuel bowls bolted close to the intake. Aluminum intakes aren't effected as much. Holley's not as much as well. (think where the fuel bowls are on those) Even a carb spacer or thick gaskets help quite a bit as you well know.
Hey all. if you use a thick base gasket, the factory choke will not work any longer. Food for thought. The choke rod will be to short to function correctly.

Hey all. if you use a thick base gasket, the factory choke will not work any longer. Food for thought. The choke rod will be to short to function correctly.
How could she choke if your rod is too short? Just sayin! :lol:

been there, screwed that up, Tim be right

I used two and cut the rod off one and welded it to make it long enough. NOT factory but looks like it is still...

Good morning again, just called my sons and one if off work today and the other will take off early :thankyou: looks like the three of us will be enjoying our hobbies together today :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thats awesome. My son has no interest in what goes on here.
On his days off hes snomodrinkin and partying like its his last day on earth. Can only try so long.figured he would smarten up after his dui. Nope.

That being said, enjoy your time with the boys.

Or bend a new one out of a coat hanger. :BangHead: Cut the grooves in the ends for the clips with a Dremel.

Dang, it's chilly in here this morning. -19° wind chill outside, no wonder.

Are you Carl in disguise? :lol:
iStock_000008128807XSmall.jpg

-
Back