Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning folks, I’ve lived in the San Francisco Bay Area my whole life and I couldn’t count how many earthquakes I have felt. Loma Preita In 89 was probably the most memorable. 6.9 and lasted maybe 30 seconds. But it sure felt like a lifetime!
Felt that one way down here :eek:. Sitting at a stop light in my Yota and it starts shaking :wtf:. I figure it's a big gust of wind until I look at the flags and they are just hanging there. Get to the house, open the door, kitchen chandelier is swinging back and forth about 2'. No biggie, just a quake. Turn on the TV and see people scurrying out of Candlestick Park (World Series) like rats deserting a sinking ship.

Felt that one way down here :eek:. Sitting at a stop light in my Yota and it starts shaking :wtf:. I figure it's a big gust of wind until I look at the flags and they are just hanging there. Get to the house, open the door, kitchen chandelier is swinging back and forth about 2'. No biggie, just a quake. Turn on the TV and see people scurrying out of Candlestick Park (World Series) like rats deserting a sinking ship.
The strangest quake I have been in, was a few months ago, here in Vista. The strange thing is, I could hear it coming! It sounded like a train coming, then it hit, BAM!, then you could hear it leaving.

Off my front pourch just now. Yep paradise

15505056609052499732551165213147.jpg

The strangest quake I have been in, was a few months ago, here in Vista. The strange thing is, I could hear it coming! It sounded like a train coming, then it hit, BAM!, then you could hear it leaving. @Mopar Tim

That's what Sylmar Quake was like in Barstow in 70? Shook me outa bed

th?id=OIP.jpg

Parkfield Ca. 80 miles from here. Right on the San Andreas Fault. They feel the ground move now and again. USGS has an earthquake study facility there.

You guys can have your quakes out west. I would rather stand in my front porch and watch the tornado's go by. EF5 and my buddies Toyota. It ran after the storm. Good thing he got out and got into a cooler in a restaurant. There was a 2x4 through the drivers seat onto the floor. (They can do some nasty damage too)
fall07 275.jpg
fall07 278.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back