Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have one of the huge soldering irons I have used in a pinch. Brazing is the best if you have access to a torch.
That would work nice. I've got an old Prest-o-lite air-acetylene with a couple different torch tips. I bought the copper solder iron tip for it a few years ago but its hard to control the temperature.

I have a chance to buy out a nos dealer of all his distrib parts, 50's - 70's. Man so tempting not cheap though prob 1000 parts/distribs.
If they're in good condition...
And as long as you can store them without a monthly fee. That's where can get expensive with inventory that doesn't move quick...

Distance does it. I have a old jewlers torch for oxy/act, but no tanks. On my list of wants. No room now in the shop though.

If they're in good condition...
And as long as you can store them without a monthly fee. That's where can get expensive with inventory that doesn't move quick...
All nos mint. Going through the list time consuming. Really need leads and springs. Love to have some nos jesus clips that hold the cam on, running out. Prob have to sweep under the bench and find a few dozen!:lol:.

Distance does it. I have a old jewlers torch for oxy/act, but no tanks. On my list of wants. No room now in the shop though.
Jewler's torch is probably nice to work with. Never used one. I'm too chicken to use the regular ox/acet torch for soldering, even with the smallest tip.
With the plumbers torch don't need the dark glasses, so that's nice too.

Brazing is easy think of soldering. No welders googles needed either. Great for exhaust work because you just heat it up to take it apart. I Want to do the Pop that way, way to many clamps now with the x pipe. Just looks like crap.

Jewler's torch is probably nice to work with. Never used one. I'm too chicken to use the regular ox/acet torch for soldering, even with the smallest tip.
With the plumbers torch don't need the dark glasses, so that's nice too.
****, explain that to my grandfather. I’ve never seen that man use dark glasses with an oxy torch and his eye sight is just fine. Makes no sense to me

Dad saved a few things from the shop when he sold it. B-tank and Prestolite, and also a small ox/acet set and tanks. Acetylene is kindof pricey now, but I don't use it that much. Worth it to me.

Was just remembering one time the Barracuda's radiator neck came off just as I got to the top of the hill where my friends lived. Was able to make it into the lower driveway entrance. They gave me a ride to the train station that night, and the next day got someone (mom?) to drop me off back at the car with a torch etc. That may have been the first time I soldered a radiator. LOL

I have only used them for cutting myself. But I do have a cane to find my way around now. :rofl: You should have seen Wolfie on lift day welding. He broke every single rule there is. Pretty funny!

****, explain that to my grandfather. I’ve never seen that man use dark glasses with an oxy torch and his eye sight is just fine. Makes no sense to me
#5 isn't that dark. easy to use them. I see guys that don't but that's one I've been good about.

The only places to eat, is where all the Viet people eat, It ain't Rockeket science
0220191911.jpg

We set rad on the woodstove with the fire roaring, and used a weller electric soldering iron to repair a loose hose bib.
Worked fine.

I used a bar clamp with hooks welded on to grab the brackets and soldered the mounting brackets back on. I remember one where someone just wired the brackets together across top of rad.

Not that anyone asked, but here's why the battery was on recharge.
Brand new, AC Delco alternator. Didn't make 500 miles.
See something wrong?
upload_2019-2-20_7-22-56.png

They do seem to separate pretty easily don't they.
Yes. The jeep seems to have a bit of twist to the rad support. That's why I figure its best to solder the bracket while installed. It will take the stress out of it.
We set rad on the woodstove with the fire roaring, and used a weller electric soldering iron to repair a loose hose bib.
Worked fine.

I used a bar clamp with hooks welded on to grab the brackets and soldered the mounting brackets back on. I remember one where someone just wired the brackets together across top of rad.
Neat. I've use a bar clamp. This time I'm going to try using the holes in the bracket whick should pull it tight to the shoulder...

But thanks for bring it up - I'll bring a bar clamp just in case.

Yup its a delco!
Stud looks like it was hit
assembled in Mexico?
GM part number!
Come with a Posi?
That's what I figured - stud was hit. Thats the type of junk I've bought from A1 Cardone.
Nope. And because it was assembled like, then nut holding it to the rectifier came loose. :rolleyes:
:mad:

upload_2019-2-20_7-31-42.png

The junk rectifier doesn't fit well and the hole through the insulation is way off center.
I'm lucky the output stud didn't touch the case.
upload_2019-2-20_7-33-43.png

That would have taken out the fusible link. :eek:

-
Back