Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Something looks goofy with the battery cable stud. Is it loose?
Yes sir. It was just tight enough to work for a while. It was only finger tight when I opened it up. It looks like they had a little cement or locktite of some sort but that might have been the toasted chromate finish

I use that style for the fields wind generator. They are actually pretty well made. Just have to change out the rotor to make it work at low speed. Think I get around 5 amps out in low wind, have seen 40 in high winds.

When we were building the Challenger we put in 3 Cardone racks. Finally just ordered a Mopar one and never looked back.

I have been rebuilding most of my stuff for a while now. Even have a kit for the water pump on the Cuda. Have not done one of those since the 80's.

I use that style for the fields wind generator. They are actually pretty well made. Just have to change out the rotor to make it work at low speed. Think I get around 5 amps out in low wind, have seen 40 in high winds.
That's neat.
I can see why people like them. They're easy to work on and work pretty well. The internal regulator is a bit of pain when trouble shooting, but they've got the little tab to full field them.

I took apart another one I had, bench tested it, cleaned the slip rings and its working for now. Made sure the belts were tight. Thanks Frank!

The wind generator is a different animal. I have the rectifier by the control box and run three lines that would go to the diodes as ac to keep voltage drop to a minimum, lost way to much as dc.

I have been rebuilding most of my stuff for a while now. Even have a kit for the water pump on the Cuda. Have not done one of those since the 80's.
I might send this alternator back. We'll see. It may not be worth the shipping. Rectifier bridge is pretty cheap. Of course the only ones I've seen are Transpo Wai Wei.

Yuck!
roads.png

I might send this alternator back. We'll see. It may not be worth the shipping. Rectifier bridge is pretty cheap. Of course the only ones I've seen are Transpo Wai Wei.
I might have one let me look. I pull them out when I built it.

The wind generator is a different animal. I have the rectifier by the control box and run three lines that would go to the diodes as ac to keep voltage drop to a minimum, lost way to much as dc.
That's cool
cool-gif.gif

Do you have to keep a battery on the field to get it started?

I might have one let me look. I pull them out when I built it.
Thanks. I'd like to think a GM Company would care about their QC but since its not going in any current production vehicles it's probably just a fantasy

When I get the coffee done I can go out and dig the pick up out. I need to take the wife to work. Looks like about 8" of additional snow. :BangHead::bs_flag:

Well , those girls had me out until 2am last night. Now they want to go back there.... AT 9PM !!!!!
Ok, maybe...huh?
0219192236.jpg

Gettin the brood out the door. Then a few seconds of quiet till mom wakes up. Simones mother.

-
Back