Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just for the record, he does have a pretty badass A-body.
Thanks that's news to me. Again not that I could care one way or the other for the most part but again it's just my bad timing likely. Again I don't really follow nobody... it's like the reason I called yellow rose out because he had all this great technical advice but where is his car? Where does he get all this experience? From a stack of Hot Rod Magazine's? LOL at some point most men want a little validity to what they're listening to. This cat seems to be at the far end of the other scale. Absolutely no car help what I've seen so far and just hooking and jabbing. Again this could all be due to my being at the wrong place at the right time LOL

Also thank you for quoting me because this is kind of on my don't watch list not necessarily because I don't want to hear what you guys are saying but I would get an alert every 2 seconds if I didn't. And most of the time I'm not here for a chat room I'm here to see about car stuff.

Also thank you for quoting me because this is kind of on my don't watch list not necessarily because I don't want to hear what you guys are saying but I would get an alert every 2 seconds if I didn't. And most of the time I'm not here for a chat room I'm here to see about car stuff.
them sounding like fight'n words friend :elmer::poke::rofl:

Afternoon all! Question regarding exhaust. My car came with TTI headers, and Im not sure of the exhaust system. However out of the headers it necks down from 3" to 2.5", through some Dynomax Turbo Mufflers which reduces again to 2" at the outlet of the muffler, then out the back of the car.

So for those of you that know exhaust, would I get any benefits out of changing the mufflers and tail pipes to 2.5" to keep it consistent straight through?

I see dead cars on a daily basis,
Coffee shop talk is just that,and i get to chat with some very interesting people about a lot of different subjects.
Not saying you arent interesting,i do know from reading you are very knowlegeable.
Some people just like to crap in the cornflakes for a laugh, and its much easier to ignore than acknowledge..

WOW .. Just looked at the Weather Channel for a moment .. It's a good day NOT to be in Denver.
Our wind is not uprooting trees and the big Honda really needs a run for battery sake. See y'all later.

Afternoon all! Question regarding exhaust. My car came with TTI headers, and Im not sure of the exhaust system. However out of the headers it necks down from 3" to 2.5", through some Dynomax Turbo Mufflers which reduces again to 2" at the outlet of the muffler, then out the back of the car.

So for those of you that know exhaust, would I get any benefits out of changing the mufflers and tail pipes to 2.5" to keep it consistent straight through?
It depends on how hot your engine is. You loose pressure and velocity through the muffler and the smaller tail pipes are supposed to help that. Oem has been doing it that way for decades.

WOW .. Just looked at the Weather Channel for a moment .. It's a good day NOT to be in Denver.
Our wind is not uprooting trees and the big Honda really needs a run for battery sake. See y'all later.
I live east of Denver, The Weather channel is correct for a change. We can see maybe 15 feet, blowing snow and 60mph winds at the moment.

I live east of Denver, The Weather channel is correct for a change. We can see maybe 15 feet, blowing snow and 60mph winds at the moment.
I was just on the phone with my son as he got cut loose early and driving the Power Wagon home. He said he could see about 30 feet in front of him...

360, magnum heads, XE268 cam, air gap, avs2 650. about 9.7 scr
Nice! Larger tailpipes might add a few ponies butI bet not much. It and the mufflers would change the sound, make it a bit more throaty. Is your exhaust in good shape? Is it in need of replacement? It sounds like it would be a good system for a 318. Oh, how is your AVS2 working?

I see dead cars on a daily basis,
Coffee shop talk is just that,and i get to chat with some very interesting people about a lot of different subjects.
Not saying you arent interesting,i do know from reading you are very knowlegeable.
Some people just like to crap in the cornflakes for a laugh, and its much easier to ignore than acknowledge..
I totally agree! There's a place for everything on this forum. That's what I like about it. I guess it was kind of my on fact-finding mission is it just me and the wrong place at the right time or is it something else... See what happens the one time you choose not to ignore..lol

Nice! Larger tailpipes might add a few ponies butI bet not much. It and the mufflers would change the sound, make it a bit more throaty. Is your exhaust in good shape? Is it in need of replacement? It sounds like it would be a good system for a 318. Oh, how is your AVS2 working?
Funny you mention the 318. Thats what the car had when I bought it. It was complete garbage so I went to the 360. The exhaust is in great shape, it just doesnt have the "sound" that Im looking for. I would like a deeper throaty sound to it. I figure just changing the mufflers and tail pipes couldnt be to expensive.

I picked up the AVS2 right at the end of the season and only got to take it out for about 20 miles. So I cant really comment on it yet. I did have to call Edelbrock about why the car falls badly on its face when I punch it, almost kills the car. They said I have to much initial timing (20*) and I need to knock it back to about 14*. Im not sure what to think of that and I think I just need to tune the carb more.

Funny you mention the 318. Thats what the car had when I bought it. It was complete garbage so I went to the 360. The exhaust is in great shape, it just doesnt have the "sound" that Im looking for. I would like a deeper throaty sound to it. I figure just changing the mufflers and tail pipes couldnt be to expensive.

I picked up the AVS2 right at the end of the season and only got to take it out for about 20 miles. So I cant really comment on it yet. I did have to call Edelbrock about why the car falls badly on its face when I punch it, almost kills the car. They said I have to much initial timing (20*) and I need to knock it back to about 14*. Im not sure what to think of that and I think I just need to tune the carb more.
Ya for a fuller sound, new mufflers and at least some 2 1/4 tailpipes would do the trick. Picking the right mufflers the first time is the trick. LOL A friend would buy mufflers and install them with the band clamps. If he didn't like the sound back to the store he would go. LOL
Are the secondaries coming open too quick creating a bog? Just thinking out loud. A lean bog will usually cause a backfire. Backing off the timing is worth a try. It's easy to bump it back up if need be.

Ya for a fuller sound, new mufflers and at least some 2 1/4 tailpipes would do the trick. Picking the right mufflers the first time is the trick. LOL A friend would buy mufflers and install them with the band clamps. If he didn't like the sound back to the store he would go. LOL
Are the secondaries coming open too quick creating a bog? Just thinking out loud. A lean bog will usually cause a backfire. Backing off the timing is worth a try. It's easy to bump it back up if need be.

I do like the sound of the turbomufflers. The dont have that drone like the flowmasters, but once you get on it, it sounds mean

Thats a good question on the secondaries, you wouldnt think so but I can certainly tie them shut. No backfire happening, but it does go off the AFR gauge lean, when I stomp on it.

I do like the sound of the turbomufflers. The dont have that drone like the flowmasters, but once you get on it, it sounds mean
I have a LD4B and a 600 to go on my Swinger if I get around to it. A little cam bump would be fun as well. I really need new exhaust. Mine is the original 70 single system that the po cut and turned into duals. It is getting pretty rotten. I have some 68 340 manifolds to put on when I do. Drivers seat upholstery comes first. I just ordered that yesterday.

I have a LD4B and a 600 to go on my Swinger if I get around to it. A little cam bump would be fun as well. I really need new exhaust. Mine is the original 70 single system that the po cut and turned into duals. It is getting pretty rotten. I have some 68 340 manifolds to put on when I do. Drivers seat upholstery comes first. I just ordered that yesterday.

Very nice! That will make the car sound good for sure. I checked out the coupon code, but I was having issues with Classics website and also couldnt get Legendarys to find the seat covers.

For some odd reason my car has a different pattern between the front and rear seat. I really dont think the rear seat is the original. My front needs some love on the drivers side, it sags bad.

Very nice! That will make the car sound good for sure. I checked out the coupon code, but I was having issues with Classics website and also couldnt get Legendarys to find the seat covers.

For some odd reason my car has a different pattern between the front and rear seat. I really dont think the rear seat is the original. My front needs some love on the drivers side, it sags bad.
Mine sags a bit as well. I talked to my upholstery buddy and he can re-foam it for more support. Ledgendary's site isn't a perfect one for finding exactly what you need. I ended up looking in a Classic website to get the right colors and pattern. I think it will be right.

For some reason I thought your interior was in great shape. I wouldnt of guessed you needed your seats redone. Heck 20% off is a good deal though.

-
Back