Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I think I will put it on the scanner and see how it turns out. It might even out the details to allow for a larger print version...

Afternoon all! Question regarding exhaust. My car came with TTI headers, and Im not sure of the exhaust system. However out of the headers it necks down from 3" to 2.5", through some Dynomax Turbo Mufflers which reduces again to 2" at the outlet of the muffler, then out the back of the car.

So for those of you that know exhaust, would I get any benefits out of changing the mufflers and tail pipes to 2.5" to keep it consistent straight through?
As long as the mufflers stay at 2.5" in and out, the 2" tail is unlikely to hurt anything and may even help at lower rpm.
The exhaust cools after leaving the cylinders. As it cools it increases in density (loses volume). More heat is lost in the mufflers so further reducing volume.
There should be enough velocity at the tailpipes that atmospheric pressure is kept away from the tips from idle to redline. ;)

If the transistion out the muffler is ugly, then just have a shop rework that. If you want to go to 2.25", that would be OK too I think.
'68 and up is easier to run 2.35" tailpipes because fuel tank strap isn't in the way.

Drove up to OMM this afternoon to pick up the alternator pulley. Got the tour of course while I was up there.
:thumbsup:

The new Bendix metlok front brake pads seem to have better modulation and initial grab than the Raybetos they replaced.
Could have been in part the old calipers, so its not a true back to back.
Under moderately hard braking there is some pull to the left. :(
Tommorrow I'll look over the right caliper and bleed that side some more.
confused-gif.gif

The scan version did help smooth it out a bit. I will have to remember that trick for the future...

248D0F38-477E-4DA9-85D8-482C654EFAAB.jpeg

that was a productive evening. One squarebody rocker and cab corner cut off and new rocker trimmed and pre-fit. Sprayed some weld-through primer and will tack it in tomorrow.
Then fit corner panel and tack it in too.

LOL way to early first! Crashed when I got home from uber yesterday afternoon and now here I am!

hey meeting Tike in the Burg for breakfast tomorrow at 830 if you want to shoot up the road.

Hey Ray...won't ask if your keeping busy. I know that answer.

Have not gotten the e mail from his son. I will be dealing with him I guess.
When I talked to him he seemed like a easy going guy. I was also going to deal with his son until they figured out they'd pulled the wrong number.
I think he's maybe getting the son more involved maybe trying to ease his way out??

No Idea. I figure if he wants to sell me parts he will get me the list. Just another vender to me. Got a box from Arizona parts yesterday pretty cool NOS stuff.

-
Back