Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
When we visited our service location in south Miami, they made us Cuba coffee. Very strong but also sweet. Like espresso but sweet. Very good buzz

Have to hard wire the telescopic mirrors on buddy’s duramax. What a pain. Almost done.just some jiggery pokery voo doo wiring on this here switch and thats it.
image.jpg

Nope but we've had gust up to 60 mph several times the last couple days. No snow though I'll take it.

Snowing and melting at the same time. At least its not -30.

Both diesel trucks all fixed up, customer seems quite happy.
Only $999 in parts. Told him i would try to keep parts under a grand..:lol:

Got my tie rod end done before work. It was a total PITA. And I only intent it to be temporary. I plan to do both inners and ends plus the control arms ASAP. Need to get the tool for inners. Just that one end was to what I consider dangerous. Could hear it clunking. All rusted together. ripped the end off trying to turn it the jamb nut. then cut the nut and the 'crimp ring' off. Lots of cleanup on threads. Pretty sure I did not get it as close to original location as I hoped cause I couldn't count threads off and screwed up my measurement. :BangHead:

Got my tie rod end done before work. It was a total PITA. And I only intent it to be temporary. I plan to do both inners and ends plus the control arms ASAP. Need to get the tool for inners. Just that one end was to what I consider dangerous. Could hear it clunking. All rusted together. ripped the end off trying to turn it the jamb nut. then cut the nut and the 'crimp ring' off. Lots of cleanup on threads. Pretty sure I did not get it as close to original location as I hoped cause I couldn't count threads off and screwed up my measurement. :BangHead:
I get grumpy when a simple job turns into a battle royale...
There are a variety of inner tie rod tools,turn steering so inner rod is all the way out and maybe you can get a pipe wrench on it.
Sometimes it has flats you can get a wrench on.
The whole conundrum is turning the wrench.

Just got done digging out. I just did the attached garage and back to the horses. Had to chain up the tractor before I could get it out.

That farm/barn, or what’s left of it, 1/2 mile due south.

Wind still howling here,all that wet heavy snow isnt going to help the flood forecast.

I get grumpy when a simple job turns into a battle royale...
There are a variety of inner tie rod tools,turn steering so inner rod is all the way out and maybe you can get a pipe wrench on it.
Sometimes it has flats you can get a wrench on.
The whole conundrum is turning the wrench.
no flats and no room. Here is the tool-
Lisle Inner Tie Rod Tools 46600
or at least one that will do it.

Off to work on the chevy again.
Maybe get rocker welded in.
Cab corner should be fitted today.

no flats and no room. Here is the tool-
Lisle Inner Tie Rod Tools 46600
or at least one that will do it.
I have that one, cheap and effective. I had to bore it out to fit a larger inner tie rod. The ones with changeable pieces,i guess they are wrenches, they arent bad either.i couldnt get that type at the time, would have preferred it. I could plasma cut different wrenches as needed.

Dang, i bought these at the Indy swap meet thinking they will clean up nice and I could resell and make a few bucks. They are only $56 new. :BangHead: I think I'l just save them.

20190313_104927.jpg

-
Back