Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Not on this one. I will post a pic. When they ground it they made the tab really thin on one side.

Here's a car that parks at my work from time to time. I think it's kinda cool.

IMG_5363 (1).jpg

IMG_5365 (1).jpg

IMG_5367 (1).jpg

IMG_5372 (2).jpg

IMG_5375 (1).jpg

I do need to be awake first thing. My son was driving my suburban and it did something it very rarely does, died in the 7-11 parking lot. No fuel in carb (it's TBI). Tested the fuel relay, it clicks but now I'm going to go back and make sure it's controls are working since the relay was tested while removed. I checked the fuses, will check for voltage on the big wire that leaves the firewall fuse headed back to the in tank pump. Had to have it towed so took it to local 4x4 shop cause the tank is 3/4 full and I'm not dealing with that if it is indeed the pump.
Lots of things,if my memory serves,there is a red wire hanging by the fuel pump relay, can direct power fuel pump.
May want to verify.

Rubber mallet bonking on fuel tank while cranking may get pump started.
There is a fuel pump ground near filler neck on frame.
Fuel pump failures arent uncommon. Tbi pumps are cheap. Low pressure.

Living on the edge....

Lots of things,if my memory serves,there is a red wire hanging by the fuel pump relay, can direct power fuel pump.
May want to verify.

Yep you nailed it, red wire on big fuse in firewall and I did ask about the pump price when I picked up the fuel relay that I didn't swap in due to testing other one (saved 26 dollars there). About 32 bucks for the pump, my buddy had a dual tank Avalance that crapped a pump, much more pressure and a LOT more money, like a grand, just for the pump!!!

I do need to be awake first thing. My son was driving my suburban and it did something it very rarely does, died in the 7-11 parking lot. No fuel in carb (it's TBI). Tested the fuel relay, it clicks but now I'm going to go back and make sure it's controls are working since the relay was tested while removed. I checked the fuses, will check for voltage on the big wire that leaves the firewall fuse headed back to the in tank pump. Had to have it towed so took it to local 4x4 shop cause the tank is 3/4 full and I'm not dealing with that if it is indeed the pump.
Hit the tank with a rubber hammer. It will probably start back up.

That one looks a little more used than the other?? Are they both about the same??
At least in my garage, I prefer a little more used look. That way if it gets a little dirty or dropped or melted its not a big deal...

May want to verify.

You beat me to it. LOL

I'm bringing wire with me to jumper things, will look for the hanging wire by relay as it may be a better connection point than the fuse. It will only be me so doubt I'll bonk the tank, I don't want to start it to drive it out of there unless it's fixed. I know the shop owner pretty well, don't think he'll mind if I come in to pick up the keys Monday, will leave a note. Would like to have the truck out here on the property today, have some more winching/pulling deadfall out.

IMG_5377 (1).jpg

I gotta get, sun will be rising soon. Will check in later with success/fail story on repair. Have a Great Morning coffee crew!

May want to verify.

I forget what vehicle it was now, but first learned about the hit the gas tank thing in a Five Guys parking lot. They were parked next to me and couldn't get it started. I had my tool bag with me, but no idea what was wrong. Had recently hired a guy who had several years experience as an auto mechanic. I sat in my car and called him and he told me 'hit the tank'. Came back and hand the guy a hammer. "This is all you should' need. Looks at me like :wtf:. Couple taps and started right up.:thumbsup:

I forget what vehicle it was now, but first learned about the hit the gas tank thing in a Five Guys parking lot. They were parked next to me and couldn't get it started. I had my tool bag with me, but no idea what was wrong. Had recently hired a guy who had several years experience as an auto mechanic. I sat in my car and called him and he told me 'hit the tank'. Came back and hand the guy a hammer. "This is all you should' need. Looks at me like :wtf:. Couple taps and started right up.:rofl:
Also a old tow truck driver trick!

Theres a good chance the tow will jolt it enough for pump to start. I have 4 of those trucks around here 2 tbi,2 vortecs

Dont recall if it has a fuel pump driver in the ign module.
And check for spark. Coils fail,coil wire and rotors too.

May want to verify.

My S10! was the very same way. Finally after 4 fuel pumps in less than 80,000 miles, I rewired the ground, ran it to the frame and not into the main harness like it was. I had the thing for another 60,000 miles and never replaced the pump again

My S10! was the very same way. Finally after 4 fuel pumps in less than 80,000 miles, I rewired the ground, ran it to the frame and not into the main harness like it was. I had the thing for another 60,000 miles and never replaced the pump again
Old boss was cleaning up a trailer wiring harness and chopped the fuel pump ground.
He put a fuel pump in and still no go. Would not accept the fact he screwed up. I fixed it when he wasnt around.

Chuck Todd from NBC Meet the Press was in Waterloo yesterday. He was interviewing political candidates at the Screaming Eagle Bar and Grill. His parents are from town. I didn't know that. Cool stuff.

-
Back