Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Torrent axle seal:BangHead:
Wrong. No listing for correct seal, have to go to dealer tomorrow and get one. Hope they stock it.

A couple hundred I wish I would have saved a few back.

I will have to save up and hit my local tool guys up for one....

Doug sells Cornwell... (I call them corn hole...)

My buddy knows a Mac dealer that gives me tools at cost and I can go to his house and pick them up...

I will have to save up and hit my local tool guys up for one....

Doug sells Cornwell... (I call them corn hole...)

My buddy knows a Mac dealer that gives me tools at cost and I can go to his house and pick them up...
Looks like $300 retail. @ 30% you're looking at a couple hundred. $$$$

Just got back from picking up my , unsold stuff, from the Gun Show... Now time to drink BEER and eat Vittles.....

‘65 Polara anyone?

C5FEA1A7-0A31-45CE-96A9-BEF328C5BF41.jpeg

Got the Duster on the rack at work today. Looks like I may need to re-clock the torsion bars. The adjuster arm is rubbing the frame under compression. Doubt that’s normal or good.

9B081367-BC71-44CD-9644-323ADF58744E.jpeg

B4AEDB07-C9AB-4299-84D1-3C093B34F51B.jpeg

4B3FA1E5-40AE-466D-9D49-7DC443864A0E.jpeg

Correct.
Whose bars? What diameter? and how much clocking, if any?
Answer the middle and either of the other two and I prob can fill in the third.
Those are all great questions! I got them from Mancini’s. I want to say that they’re MP .920 as for clocking as I remember I lowered the control arm to about 4-5 o’clock with just a few threads on the adjusters. Then slid the bars in. But that was a while ago, and the 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s are coming back to haunt me
:lol:
Another thing is it seems to be sitting lower than it was when I had it aligned. Anyway looks like I’m going to take it all back down and start from the beginning.

Those are all great questions! I got them from Mancini’s. I want to say that they’re MP .920 as for clocking as I remember I lowered the control arm to about 4-5 o’clock with just a few threads on the adjusters. Then slid the bars in. But that was a while ago, and the 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s are coming back to haunt me
:lol:
Another thing is it seems to be sitting lower than it was when I had it aligned. Anyway looks like I’m going to take it all back down and start from the beginning.
Can you get it on a lift , and adjust them UP ?????

Also going to have to research the proper “clocking” procedures. QA1 K frame, UCA’s and LCA’s. Not that it’s any different. Will definitely be paying closer attention.

OK laughin' boy :p
IIRC all MP bars painted green are clocked 30*, center to flat.
upload_2019-4-14_19-45-16.png

If are so, then there's no left or right.
I agree this adjustment will not work with the bars you have.
upload_2019-4-14_19-36-13.png

I think the clocking will work.
Take the load off and unwind the adjuster screw as far as you can. Remove the clip and slip the bars out far enpough to see if you can reinstall it with control arm and adjuster hanging lower than it was when you slid the bar out.
If needed to rotate it more, remove the rubber bumper. That should let you reinstall it with the adjuster arm 30 degrees closer to the adjuster bolt.

And now for something completely different.
I thought 318 poly engines had valley pan gaskets?
I need to fix a leaker.

-
Back