Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
What's up Asa? LTNS.
Not much gave up on cars for a time . Got into other cheaper things . Even gave up on TV just changed things up for a bit lol. Needed a break from every thing living a drama free life . Heard bout cliff and Mary got me thinking bout you guys over here . I even talked pop in to getting the rattacuda outta moth balls now how he got it is a long story lol so I will be back with posts bout itlol

Not much gave up on cars for a time . Got into other cheaper things . Even gave up on TV just changed things up for a bit lol. Needed a break from every thing living a drama free life . Heard bout cliff and Mary got me thinking bout you guys over here . I even talked pop in to getting the rattacuda outta moth balls now how he got it is a long story lol so I will be back with posts bout itlol

Good to see you back. When you get a minute or three, check this thread out.

1964 Valiant "Get Runnin & Drivin"

It's 2:45 am. ......I have to start getting ready for work at 5:15 am., so why am I in the shop sorting and cleaning valiant body side trim, instead of sleeping for my 10 hour work day.

Maybe I am dreaming of valiants too much lol

I have been arguing with myself.

Trim or no trim

plymouth-valiant-1965-plymouth-valiant-wagon-sedan-brown_6467621933.jpg

ff5c488daa9d6f2b2754671242c6fb33--darts-high.jpg

Valiant004com.jpg

1965-plymouth-valiant-signet-37l-2.jpg

1965-plymouth-valiant-2-two-door-teal-low-mileage-manual-gas-mopar-chrystler-1.jpg

plymouth-valiant-1965-2.jpg

c7274-p.jpg

images_plymouth_valiant_1965_2_b.jpg

32020047097_898f1a009c_b.jpg

I notice a lot of wagons online, do not have luggage racks.

So whether a lot of them were built without them or if a lot of people take them off for whatever reason ????

I am still arguing with myself over a color.

The car was originally white, so part of me defaults to the white. Cloud white is cheap enough, can be a single stage, making it really cheap to buy and spray. Make the car look like a very cheap stripped down model that is simple and clean.

Then part of me thinks that a period correct pastel color like sky blue, teal, or maybe even black would take away the boring refrigerator look.

Then another part of me says to go modern like a 2016 challenger blue or a green iridescent from a very recent car

The color will really determine if the trim should go on or be deleted

234507581_4150564870001_spark.jpg

Then I think the base coat clear coat looks thinner and more modern but has more shine and reflections.

But on the other hand, a single stage looks thicker and more appropriate for a 54 year old car

45108672971_c15c26e335_b.jpg

1965_Chrysler_AP6_Valiant_Safari_station_wagon_(5279087969).jpg

Setting up a car and picking what options you want and dont want and giving it a personality is harder than actually sanding and doing the labor to get it done

Good Morning!!
Rainy I agree color would be by guide as to whether or not if I used trim.
I like nice trim on a car so it be hard for me to say no.

Just looking at the weather for Saturday. A 50/50 whether we have a car show or not.
Cheryl feels since we leave next Wednesday for MITP we stay home and just chill.
I'll just tempt her and tell her we'll take the 55 Chevy. She can't say no then.:D

Oh,and morning all!
Looks like rain this morning. Hasnt started yet.

-
Back