Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have the original 35 mm negative somewhere stored in a protective envelope. I also have a fairly high end photo scanner that can scan the negative for printing. I just haven’t had it hooked up for the past few years and it is in storage in the basement.

The guy who shot the pics for the car for MCG sent me the package when it was published. I think there were close to 500 pictures.
At first it looked like groups of 20 some pictures all the same shot. I looked closer though and every five or so was just slightly different than the others. Kinda cool!!

And shutter speed...and film speed...and then printing. We always said that a lot of the magic happens in the darkroom!
Back in the days of black and white. We never got into color in high school.

anyone know where @memike is located in AR exactly? theyve got a nasty looking storm down his way right now
good afternoon, I am in the northeast corner, thanks for checking up on me , I watch the weather very closely because I have many friends that don't, so I am there weather alert, plus all fishermen know what to watch out for :popcorn:

The guy who shot the pics for the car for MCG sent me the package when it was published. I think there were close to 500 pictures.
At first it looked like groups of 20 some pictures all the same shot. I looked closer though and every five or so was just slightly different than the others. Kinda cool!!
Sounds like a formally trained photographer. We were taught to shoot as many as we could with slight variations to ultimately get the perfect shot. Shoot a dozen rolls of film just to capture the one that was “right”.

In the modern world of digital photography, professional photographers take that to the extreme and shoot many hundreds of images in the same pursuit.

Current camera systems often shoot in bursts of 10 shots a few milliseconds apart. I have used it on my digital SLR and captured a single blink of a subjects eye in the 10 frames. One of the 10 is a fully open eye and makes all the difference in the choosing the best image. Model photographers often shoot in multiple bursts of 10 in rapid succession just to get the perfect facial expression.

We were at the local sports bar for our weekly Taco Tuesday with a large group of friends. Half way through the first beer everyone's phones buzz, tornado warning. A quick look at radar and we determine we're ok storm going the opposite direction. No one in the bar leaves. The knowledge of living here forever or not wanting to leave that cold beer...:D

We were at the local sports bar for our weekly Taco Tuesday with a large group of friends. Half way through the first beer everyone's phones buzz, tornado warning. A quick look at radar and we determine we're ok storm going the opposite direction. No one in the bar leaves. The knowledge of living here forever or not wanting to leave that cold beer...:D

Take Cover! Save the Beers!

Ever have one of those “flat” days where no joy and no emotion positive or negative seems to display itself?

Today was one of those days. Almost like everything was 2 dimensional.

*sigh*

I think this work sitution and the fight over my Fathers Estate is just sapping everything out of me, it just keeps dragging on without resolution.

I couldn’t even find the motivation to do much more than some small refinements on images that were already created.

Ever have one of those “flat” days where no joy and no emotion positive or negative seems to display itself?

Today was one of those days. Almost like everything was 2 dimensional.

*sigh*

I think this work sitution and the fight over my Fathers Estate is just sapping everything out of me, it just keeps dragging on without resolution.

I couldn’t even find the motivation to do much more than some small refinements on images that were already created.
I dont like those days. Zero motivation.
Today wasnt one of those days.
I used my imagination, scrap steel an made my coolest home built tool to date. Building a wrench isnt the same. But building something with moving parts and it actually works is very rewarding.

good afternoon, I am in the northeast corner, thanks for checking up on me , I watch the weather very closely because I have many friends that don't, so I am there weather alert, plus all fishermen know what to watch out for :popcorn:
Glad to here. Watched several tornadoes in the northwest corner this afternoon

I got all motivated and took the carbs off the Yamahopper to give them a good cleaning , adjust the valves...... I'm balls deep in disassembly with a small e-clip and pair of needle nose in my hand... Power goes out! WTF! I laid everything down gently, fumbled for my whiskey glass and headed outside.. About half the block is dark.. Maybe I should call it a night!

I dont like those days. Zero motivation.
Today wasnt one of those days.
I used my imagination, scrap steel an made my coolest home built tool to date. Building a wrench isnt the same. But building something with moving parts and it actually works is very rewarding.

Tj .. What do you have driving the allthread to move the plasma? Very consistent and smooth.

A dewalt cordless drill.
I wanted to cut the sheets on trailer. One reason was i need steel off trailer. Sheets are 250 lbs.
So cutting 4 feet off made it easier.
Now all i need to do is cut the strips for fenders.

-
Back