Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Lots of traffic today. Thats part of living in cottage country. Weekend looks decent,so itwill be a steady flow. Get brake job done and thats it until tuesday.

I don't know guys, looks like an LA engine......

20190614_161415.jpg

Finally got the oak tree out front trimmed. The lower branches were almost touching the ground. Everything is now trimmed up to a minimum 7’ clearance height all around. I had to wait to time doing it with the semi-annual yard waste pick-up next week.

Much better now, I can see under it again and people walking down the side walk don’t have to duck under the limbs anymore.

88D122FA-2727-4AE1-B49E-030C7D58A818.jpeg

98FB6B6F-C3F5-4D77-B407-FB7627441E6C.jpeg

Former spot where the dart I dragged out was.... then I tried getting in there with the mower and true to summer got stung twice.

Yellow jackets..... gonna hafta raid them after dark. There's a bunch in the demon

20190614_171557.jpg

Finally got the oak tree out front trimmed. The lower branches were almost touching the ground. Everything is now trimmed up to a minimum 7’ clearance height all around. I had to wait to time doing it with the semi-annual yard waste pick-up next week.

Much better now, I can see under it again and people walking down the side walk don’t have to duck under the limbs anymore.

View attachment 1715349588

View attachment 1715349589
Pin oak. One of my least favorite trees. Sorry Dave.

Red oak actually.
:lol: I knew you'd be one up on me but.............Red Oaks usually hold onto their leaves until the new buds sprout in the spring. That's why I don't like them. Usually you have a hard time growing grass under them as well. I think lack of tap roots is the problem.

:lol: I knew you'd be one up on me but.............Red Oaks usually hold onto their leaves until the new buds sprout in the spring. That's why I don't like them. Usually you have a hard time growing grass under them as well. I think lack of tap roots is the problem.
Yep, this one holds it’s leaves all winter. They actually do quite well around here. They seem to like the rocky soil.

View attachment 1715349588

View attachment 1715349589
Found some limbs touching the ground when I got home...

146176CD-25A5-4418-B7E0-E6514BCB6C13.jpeg

DAF4857D-0926-4A94-8DC8-7586442458B9.jpeg

I have a large Pin Oak , on the corner of my Shop Building...Sure makes a Mess......

That didn't take long. I really like your patio and walk.
Thanks. It took about a week to sprout. Need to keep it watered and once it becomes mature, back seed the bare spots. Then slow relevelling of the slopes, fill in the low spots and make it smooth.

I figure by this time next year it should look about right.

-
Back