Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So maybe I am over thinking here but i am thinking of spraying my engine block with epoxy sealer before the engine paint.

The theory is to make the color hold up better as well as the paint. I have an engine I painted with rattle can engine paint back in 2011 and its not holding up very good. It faded and basically looks like crap now

So maybe I am over thinking here but i am thinking of spraying my engine block with epoxy sealer before the engine paint.

The theory is to make the color hold up better as well as the paint. I have an engine I painted with rattle can engine paint back in 2011 and its not holding up very good. It faded and basically looks like crap now
I don't know what the trick is there. Clean cast iron is the most important thing. My 10 year old 273 still looks pretty good considering it's age.

Sounds like a good plan. I thought I did a good job with rattle cans on mine and its got rust...

Good morning, cool front came through, windows open to air out the place, and great weather for Fury driving.

No one to vent to this morning, feel free to read this or not, just work b.s. that's hard to believe. Last night a middle aged couple are at the podium, she has a bandage across her eyes and dark glasses and her husband is guiding her. She must have had surgery or an accident. We have a dress code, no shorts, no jeans, "no hats," which is obviously for MEN...our host team insists this poor lady remove her hat. Her husband leads her back out of the restaurant to help her, meanwhile I ask the hosts "what are you doing, the lady can't see," and they tell me the GM of the hotel told them "no hats." Then the couple are heading back into the restaurant, and end up in my section. So I spend the next two hours delicately trying to give them a good experience. They were nice about everything and by the end they had a good time and were very appreciative. Get this, when I told my boss, he said it's tricky having a rule that covers men and women unequally and he'd have to get clarity from the GM. WTF! It's funny, he'll never, ever concede that the serving staff is right about anything.
yup. That's just stupid. So in the process of being 'fair' to men and women, they discriminate against the disabled.:rolleyes:
If the GM truly insists such decisions get bumped all the way up to him/her then its his own fault when things go south. Sounds like your boss as well as the host team are more about themselves than the business or the customers. Take the 'safe' and cowardly position and all too willing to bully the old folks...

We have business down the hill from here that takes those big logs and chips them into mulch. They can handle logs up to 36” diameter, bigger ones get split first. Sometimes I go down there and watch them feeding them into the giant chipper. It’s quite a sight to see.

Nice they are that proactive and quick. In Phila they get taken down after they 've died, and there is a backlog. On the streets, they may still have an emergeny crew but a lot is outsourced. The park crews are so reduced they take off the hazzard limbs and leave the rest. Unlike some other Phila parks & rec workers, these guys hustle and know their business. Big jobs and jobs that can wait in the parks also get outsourced.

We have business down the hill from here that takes those big logs and chips them into mulch. They can handle logs up to 36” diameter, bigger ones get split first. Sometimes I go down there and watch them feeding them into the giant chipper. It’s quite a sight to see.
It's crazy what they can do now. Even back around 2000 I tried to get logs from home construction sites. Grinding up lots perfectly good wood. All the developers cared about was speed and their schedule.

Nice! log probably weighs a ton.
Most impressive lift I saw was a larch boomed over the top of our 3 story row houses! For removal out of back yards with limited access - that was the way to do it!

When I was kid, my aunt took me to a tour of the local pulp wood paper manufacturing operation (outside of Pensacola). They din't fell in the traditional sense. They used hydraulic pairs of jaws that grabbed and cut the trunks.

So. Lincoln is on hold until 2 pm.
Discovered a loose ball joint.
Bearing is replaced and ready to go in, now i will press out old ball joint and wait for parts.

On the last several engines I built, I make sure they are perfectly clean, them I seal them with epox primer, then I spray with paint gun, using single stage epoxy paint. All have lasted a very long time

Got about 20ft of rail done first coat

F9F055E3-613A-4DD6-9EB1-C56A1B013219.jpeg

Getting warm out. Nice.
Spent a little time working on fenders. Well, only one so far.
Bending 1/8” diamond plate isnt as easy as i thought. Score backside with grinder and bend,right?
Stuff is soft. So i inadvertently stretched it. Fender is arched. Wrong way. A couple slots and it will flatten out.

-
Back