Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning, Happy Summer, everyone. Weird to think the days will start getting shorter now!
Interesting weather around here, yesterday it was in the 90s with 25 mph winds from the south. Suddenly there were clouds, then the ocean turned black, and the sky went from brown to green to grey and no breeze at all. Then it stormed, tree branches and stuff everywhere now. I would have gotten pics but I had a large party in a private room keeping me busy.
78 today. First day in 10 that we've not had rain

Got my fuel pump for the mower yesterday. Got it pulled apart, need to get it together and see what happens . Probably would have finished yesterday, but ….Has the sheet metal housing around it. Does a good job of keeping most dirt out. Problem is, once dirt gets under it- it also does a good job keeping it there. So spent some time on the cooling fins with a screwdriver and the air hose.

Got my fuel pump for the mower yesterday. Got it pulled apart, need to get it together and see what happens . Probably would have finished yesterday, but ….Has the sheet metal housing around it. Does a good job of keeping most dirt out. Problem is, once dirt gets under it- it also does a good job keeping it there. So spent some time on the cooling fins with a screwdriver and the air hose.
Nice, wife broke my weedeater, gonna have to order a new carb for it

What engine is it? It's always a good idea to get under the shrouds and blow the dirt out. Overheating can cause the valve guides to loosten in the aluminum and ruin things. Kawasaki anyway.

Pouring buckets here with 50-60 mph winds. Two fronts, this is the second. Looks like its headed your way Mike.

The first wave is a few miles away.
It was interesting I haven't heard thunder like that in a long time.
Get to go out soon and pick up all the little limbs and sweep the leaves off the walk and driveway.

falconFri.jpg

It's Falcon Friday!
Good morning.

Ford pre trip inspection. All the brake pads are stuck. Disassemble and blast the mounts,lube stuff up and its good. Should improve fuel mileage a bit.

Another June morning on the left coast, overcast. Had something that resembled rain last night. Just enough to make a clean black truck look like caca.

You can use a piece of allthread rod , probably 1/4 x 24 coarse, cut to the right length. Nobody will see it anyhow, since it is hidden in the air cleaner

I've used standard coarse threaded rod... I believe most carbs have 1/4" x 20 threads in the hole for the stud... Then I just use the standard 1/4" x 20 wing nut for the air cleaner....

-
Back