Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Gave up on el camino.
Too darn hot in there. So moved lawn tractor into shop and installed a tube in front tire.
Slow leak through sidewall. They still look like new other than that little crack.
Grease it up, check oil and top of gas tank. Ready to mow.
Will drag in my 4 foot tow behind next and get it fired up.

I was partially right this morning being a Ford Friday. I should have recalled the large gathering of Ford trucks at one of the local inns. The front parking was roped off and just loaded with vintage trucks of the Ford persuasion. I could deal with having a

1958-ford-f100-short-bed-pickup-3.jpg

with a Hellcat crate :steering: motor in it :D

truckintues.jpg

Gave up on el camino.
Too darn hot in there. So moved lawn tractor into shop and installed a tube in front tire.
Slow leak through sidewall. They still look like new other than that little crack.
Grease it up, check oil and top of gas tank. Ready to mow.
Will drag in my 4 foot tow behind next and get it fired up.
Here too, but not that bad.
Checked toe with strings. Actually was further toed in than the giant caliper method said. Made some adjustment.
Then thought the oil pan leak got worse, but its actually fine since I tighted the drain plug a fortnight ago.
Added a quart.
Topped off coolant.
Filled tires.
Filled with fuel and brought it back to the closer garage.
Good to go for tommorrow.

mpg works out to 12.8. Not bad considering it includes an autocross.

I was partially right this morning being a Ford Friday. I should have recalled the large gathering of Ford trucks at one of the local inns. The front parking was roped off and just loaded with vintage trucks of the Ford persuasion. I could deal with having a

View attachment 1715379932

with a Hellcat crate :steering: motor in it :D

View attachment 1715379931
Had a '60 Y block F350 for a while. Only got one drive in it - going to the tire shop. Didn't make it. Clutch rod broke through at the bushing eye. Might have been the clutch master's rust but not having the bushing it for who knows how many miles left me in bad spot. LOL.

It was kindof cool. Slabside converted to a wrecker (tow rig no longer on it) with big push bumper and dually rear axle. Split rims.

oh she's a crazy bi**h
but she f**ks so good I'm on top of it
I dream of doing her all night
tracks up and down my spine she's a crazy bi**h
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Anyone know what wattage the bulbs are on the 7 inch headlights on the darts?
yup
What number?
^^This^^

You answered your own question. There is different wattages depending on what is used. I just looked in my manual. It doesn't say. You might need a owners manual to find the number and today's wattage is probably different than they were in 65.
Yup. '69 Dodge FSM says 6012
Be curious what a '65 FSM lists.
whatever factory is? Google search is all over the place
And failing to find your owners manual or FSM, you could try a search here and on moparts rather than g**gle. :poke:
So with the amp hours and watts being nearly identical I was thinking that kit might be a good upgrade for the dart
Wat ya talkin' about there Dukey?
I thought yous were talkin about lights?

I’m planning on doing my historic highway cruise in a couple years
Then follow the advice of Stern has posted here, and 'Virgil' has on candlepower forums.
Relays with fuses getting power from the alternator. Just buy Rob Yule's kit and be done with it.
Remember hook it to the alternator output stud, not the battery or relay.

Then your choice:
*The Nighhawk halogen seal beams Mike listed. Those and only those Nighthawks.
*Hella's "Visionplus" H4 with a good bulb. Phillips, Narva are both have some decent bulbs. Their +15, or +30 will put out more light, same power, but shorter life span. Hella's branded bulbs generally not that great.
*Cibie H4 E-codes for left hand drive with good bulbs. These are probably the best available within reasonable price (and still not cheap). You can get them from Stern, or one or two other US people. (IIRC one goes by the name Busdepot)

Updated Hella "Super" 7" H4 Headlights

Harvey-SCG-5-1967.jpg

"Several makes of European headlights have a very flat top cut-off on
both beams. These lights are as good in snow or fog as any fog light I have used. Also, they have a relatively low current-draw, so their bulbs have quite a long life. They are not sealed beam, so they continue to function even if the lens is cracked. These headlights double as good fog-lights..." Scott Harvey
Sports Car Graphic (May 1967) page 70.

I believe the original were only 45 watt. Don't know why I think that......

View attachment 1715379981
"Several makes of European headlights have a very flat top cut-off on
both beams. These lights are as good in snow or fog as any fog light I have used. Also, they have a relatively low current-draw, so their bulbs have quite a long life. They are not sealed beam, so they continue to function even if the lens is cracked. These headlights double as good fog-lights..." Scott Harvey
Sports Car Graphic (May 1967) page 70.

Those Cibies were like that. Halogen bulb if I remember right, replaceable. The lens was focused and fluted so that Lo was a long distance fog lamp and Hi was instant daylight for a mile.

th?id=OIP.jpg
th?id=OIP.jpg

Unfortunately they were not Ca approved and the CHP officer recognized them immediately while the old man was borrowing the Yota. He was not a happy camper when he handed me that "Fixit" ticket :rofl:

oh she's a crazy bi**h
but she f**ks so good I'm on top of it
I dream of doing her all night
tracks up and down my spine she's a crazy bi**h
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
My First Plattoon Sergeant before he got killed used to play that song before every mission, training or otherwise.

-
Back