Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The closer you match the proof to the temp, the more it will make sense. For a while anyway...
The temp is outdoing the proof by about 24 now... It's up to 104! I got the front, side and alley done. Just a 30 min trek across the back and I'm done.

And ribs and pork loin ought to be done about the same time.. Quick shower, bourbon and the air conditioned evening is looking sweet!

Went to the show. Had a great time and met a bunch of really nice people. About 120 cars.

20190817_124418.jpg

20190817_124405.jpg

Ben that sounds great!! The bourbon and AC part.
I think I'll hit the local cruise night. Great Mom and Pop Mexican place across the parking lot.
Went over today, and helped a very long time MOPAR buddy move some heavy stuff around in his garage.
I'd gone over looking for a couple body bolts I needed. For my efforts I got to dig around his bolt cans and found what I needed.

The temp is outdoing the proof by about 24 now... It's up to 104! I got the front, side and alley done. Just a 30 min trek across the back and I'm done.

And ribs and pork loin ought to be done about the same time.. Quick shower, bourbon and the air conditioned evening is looking sweet!

899BDC21-1604-4993-BBF4-525FF9A932E3.png

What a messed up day.

Fuel pump quit. In traffic at 100 + degrees.

So I thought no big deal, keep a spare and tools...... till I discover that someone borrowed tools from the car and didn't return them. So I had a hassle finding the right size wrench. A nice guy stopped but he had mostly metric tools and a very incomplete set. I did use his phone to call my cousin, so he was a help.

It seems most people don't carry tools in the car anymore. So after baking for over an hour, my cousin showed up with a SAE tool set. I got the pump changed and drove home.

People were stopping to ask if i needed a ride somewhere. I refused to leave the car unattended. Even. If I did, i am not getting in a car with guys I don't know or ever seen before.

The pavement and metal fender is absolutely an oven. I had to use the floor mats from the car to not burn my ***.

But now I am home and under the a/c vent and feeling like a nap.

What a messed up day.

So I thought no big deal, keep a spare and tools...... till I discover that someone borrowed tools from the car and didn't return them. So I had a hassle finding the right size wrench. A nice guy stopped but he had mostly metric tools and a very incomplete set. I did use his phone to call my cousin, so he was a help.

It seems most people don't carry tools in the car anymore. So after baking for over an hour, my cousin showed up with a SAE tool set. I got the pump changed and drove home.

People were stopping to ask if i needed a ride somewhere. I refused to leave the car unattended. Even. If I did, i am not getting in a car with guys I don't know or ever seen before.

The pavement and metal fender is absolutely an oven. I had to use the floor mats from the car to not burn my ***.

I think it is cool as hell that you're able to take care of your own stuff. Hell, my 3 boys would be calling me if they broke down. Most younger folks suck. You're pretty awesome!

I think it is cool as hell that you're able to take care of your own stuff. Hell, my 3 boys would be calling me if they broke down. Most younger folks suck. You're pretty awesome!

I kinda have to, as a result of my own stubbornness

Years ago my parents wanted me to get rid of all my old cars and offered to buy me a brand new car. I could have had a new car with 00000 miles given to me but I would have had to sell, crush, or junk the old ones.

Me and them got into a heated argument over it, they said a "young girl needs a dependable car" in my rage I said "i will prove the old one can be as reliable" and I stormed out.

A lot of repairs i have had to do, I didn't tell them and did them at a friend's place. I tell them every once in awhile "see, I was right and I am going to get a million miles out of these old cars".

Its been a challenge and has kept me on my toes but a slant six really helps because they are by nature pretty reliable.

I think of that argument everytime I am freezing my *** or roasting with no a/c but when I think of what I said, i refuse to give up. LOL

I must be more of a rebel than I think. Everything else they ever wanted me to do or not do, I listened. The car is that one thing I am not giving in.

I kinda have to, as a result of my own stubbornness

Years ago my parents wanted me to get rid of all my old cars and offered to buy me a brand new car. I could have had a new car with 00000 miles given to me but I would have had to sell, crush, or junk the old ones.

Me and them got in a heated argument over it, they said a "young girl needs a dependable car" in my rage I said "i will prove the old one can be as reliable" and I stormed out.

A lot of repairs i have had to do, I didn't tell them and did them at a friend's place. I tell them every once in awhile "see, I was right and I am going to get a million miles out of these old cars".

Its been a challenge and has kept me on my toes but a slant six really helps because they are by nature pretty reliable.

I think of that argument everytime I am freezing my *** or roasting with no a/c but when I think of what I said, i refuse to give up. LOL

I must be more of a rebel than I think. Everything else they ever wanted me to do or not do, I listened. The car is that one thing I am not giving in.

I admire your spirit and determination to keep your own car on the road...
bowdown.gif

Just like I did when I was your age... :D

I drove a 68 Barracuda for 7 years that started at 200,000 miles to 500,000 miles before the body got too rotted to fix any more... Rebuilt the engine and suspension twice to get it there, but well worth it...

I've had many a-bodies for daily drivers over the years... :steering:

Last edited:
What a messed up day.

You could have used a 13 mm combination wrench to get the fuel lines off the pump... Then just need a 9/16" socket with extension and ratchet for the pump... Hopefully you had a new gasket with your spare fuel pump....

I admire your spirit and determination to keep your own car on the road... View attachment 1715380450

Just like I did when I was your age... :D

I drove a 68 Barracuda for 67 years that started at 200,000 miles to 500,000 miles before the body got too rotted to fix any more... Rebuilt the engine and suspension twice to get it there, but well worth it...

I've had many a-bodies for daily drivers over the years... :steering:
Dang Karl 67 years is a lot of years on a Barracuda.........:rofl:

-
Back