Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I kinda have to, as a result of my own stubbornness

Years ago my parents wanted me to get rid of all my old cars and offered to buy me a brand new car. I could have had a new car with 00000 miles given to me but I would have had to sell, crush, or junk the old ones.

Me and them got into a heated argument over it, they said a "young girl needs a dependable car" in my rage I said "i will prove the old one can be as reliable" and I stormed out.

A lot of repairs i have had to do, I didn't tell them and did them at a friend's place. I tell them every once in awhile "see, I was right and I am going to get a million miles out of these old cars".

Its been a challenge and has kept me on my toes but a slant six really helps because they are by nature pretty reliable.

I think of that argument everytime I am freezing my *** or roasting with no a/c but when I think of what I said, i refuse to give up. LOL

I must be more of a rebel than I think. Everything else they ever wanted me to do or not do, I listened. The car is that one thing I am not giving in.
You are more of a man than 1/2 of the men i know.
Buddy was going to buy a new fuel pump for his lawn tractor. I showed up, and discovered his tank screen was plugged. 5 minutes i was out of there. Fix and run...
Just cant be bothered to look for the source of the trouble. Easier to throw money at it.
Any female that can figure out a mechanical problem and repair it on the side of the road deserves my respect.

Or when I was one year old...

I was born in Oct of 67, when the 68's were out already... A 68 Barracuda could have been a birthday present for me.... :D

Then you could have driven it in your birthday suit so you could enjoy everything from you special day

Then you could have driven it in your birthday suit so you could enjoy everything from you special day

Back in the early 90's I had a houndstooth suit... I always wanted to get a Mopar with the houndstooth interior and wear my houndstooth suit in it so I could blend in like a chameleon.... :D

I would like to see that thing do my yard... With all of the obstacles and the creek and such...

Plus it takes me 3 1/2 hours to do my front and back with a standard 21" walk behind, that looks smaller and would take forever...
Would be useless on much of my yard as well. Probably find it flipped on its head or down in the creek. Lol

Change of plans for today...
63688223-22A3-4474-9EC6-4202907B53CC.jpeg
couple motor mount bolts,trans mount and its pretty much ready to lift out. Then a wash and into the chevy truck it goes.
Once that is done i get access to the leftovers. Posi, floor shift, tilt column and stereo system.
May save the front end from it as well as power brakes for the 69.oh,and some exhaust parts too.
Kinda likin the cutouts...

Or when I was one year old...

I was born in Oct of 67, when the 68's were out already... A 68 Barracuda could have been a birthday present for me.... :D

Actually now that you bring it up... My parents each had a 67 Barracuda fastback when I was young/born... My dad had a 67 Formula S fastback 383 4 speed, which he totalled when someone cut him off when he was making a left turn and he put it in the ditch instead of hitting the car... Luckily he always wore seat belts and walked away with bruises around his waist from the seat belt, but the car was totalled with only 6500 miles on it...

My mom had a 67 Barracuda fastback Formula S 273 4 bbl car... It was white with dark blue interior... We used to go an hour up north from here to help our great grandma clean her house every week as she had a heart attack in 1970 and was not supposed to exert herself too much, so we used to go up and help her clean her house... We would stay late and play games after cleaning and mom would carry a pillow and sleeping bag for my brother and me and fold the back seat down and we would watch the stars and street lights go by until we fell asleep on the ride home... Then if we couldn't wake up when we got home mom and dad would carry us to our rooms and put us to bed... I still remember doing that, it was cool... (Good times...)

Then we ended trading mom's Barracuda in for a 71 Satellite 318 2bbl car B7 blue with blue interior... My brother walked the salesman around mom's Barracuda and pointed out all of the rust spots and said, "See, broken..." (dad wanted to kill/kick him because it was lowering our trade-in value....) :BangHead:

Dad got a 68 Charger 383 2bbl car to replace the totalled 67 Barracuda... We really loved that car... It was dark green with black interior and console... I still remember that car also... :steering:

Last edited:
At work till 11. :(
But I do have a dozen bottles Yeungling Oktoberfest chillin in my fridge, waiting to welcome me home. :thumbsup:

This is a good video to explain how the car buying 'game' works at a dealership....

This is a good video to explain how the car buying 'game' works at a dealership....

Just take the amount of payments, times how long you will be paying, the total is what you are paying for the car. And add on the trade value and down stroke. The bottom line will scare you....Today, most new car buyers will never pay off the car. They are just trying to keep the payment low. 84 month payments now days are normal...

Slow here tonight....

I guess that I'll start working on another chapter in my how to rebuild a small block series...

I am watching wreck it Ralph breaks the internet.

That is a great movie.

I laugh at the part she says she is a princess because her story includes a big strong man to her rescue :rolleyes:

I know, there's no nachos tonight

I could always do a nacho run... The closest one to me is open till 5 AM tonight...

However I found that my burrito place near work makes a killer nacho... I've switched up from burritos there to nachos... I can buy an order of nachos for $10 and eat it for lunch and dinner... That helps keep my food budget down... Here's the ones from the place near work... They used to call me 'burrito guy' because I always ordered a burrito for lunch, now that I've switched to nachos for the last month, they now call me 'nacho guy'....

DSC00555 B.JPG

I had cheese and chicken enchiladas for lunch. I forgot to take a pic. It was awesome but then I wasn't hungry in the evening and skipped dinner

One of the best car chase scenes in awhile

It's easy to do in animation....

One of the all time best car chases is the original Bullitt movie with Steve McQueen who did all of his own stunt driving... Unfortunately he's in the Mustang and not the Charger in this movie....

It's easy to do in animation....

One of the all time best car chases is the original Bullitt movie with Steve McQueen who did all of his own stunt driving... Unfortunately he's in the Mustang and not the Charger in this movie....

I said "in awhile" not of all time.

I kinda don't like the sound effect on the mustang

I had cheese and chicken enchiladas for lunch. I forgot to take a pic. It was awesome but then I wasn't hungry in the evening and skipped dinner

I had some cucumber salad and then leftover burger from earlier this week...

I was going to have some burger last night, but I went to the farm stand and got some great fresh veggies and filled up on 2 ears of corn, some zucchini, and fresh broccoli and didn't have room for the burger, so I had some tonight....

I need to make more broccoli so I can use up the leftover hollandaise sauce... :BangHead:

-
Back