Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I'm going to go with automatic on my wagon, but haven't given much thought about if I will go with column shift or put a console in it... Column shift will probably be easier...
You know me, 4 speed or no speed. LOL.

I already have the ball and trunion 4 speed and conversion driveshaft.

I don't need a console, just a chrome stick through the floor

I would have to clear a z bar

I have had temptations to go v8 with my valiant wagon but I already have the mega rare slant six 4 speed bellhousing and I have a lot of money into the slant already.

A v8 seems exhausting but If these manifolds would fit then it would rekindle the temptation because it would be one less thing to have to buy

I was going to go with a 360 in my wagon, but when my older son sold the 72 challenger to my brother and he didn't want the original engine with it (which was rebuilt back in the 80's and only fired a few times) I said WTF, I may as well put it in my wagon as it's a free engine that I only have to put some parts on it to tune it in.. I swapped a set of 920 67 heads that my head guy ported and installed 1.88" intake and 1.60" exhaust valves in with hardened seats to get the compression in the mid 8's... With the 360 heads that were put on it when it was rebuilt, it only had 7.6:1 compression...

However after putting the 920 heads on it and then using the .040" head gaskets, the LD4B intake bolts didn't line up properly and galled the threads on the intake bolts when I tried to tighten it down, so I had my head guy mill the intake and I have to put them on now... I just hope that we didn't mill too much off the intake, but if we did I could try to use thicker gaskets...

Yep, I know you're the 4 speed girl... Nothing wrong with that, in fact I admire that quality in you...
Burnout.gif

Yep, I know you're the 4 speed girl... Nothing wrong with that, in fact I admire that quality in you... View attachment 1715380685
I learned on a 4 speed, my dads A56 cuda is the first car I ever attempted to drive.

After that it seems like every car I had either had a three on the tree, three by the knee or a 4 speed.

The black 75 dart is literally my first a body with an automatic. I am actually leaving the 904 in there just because it's my only one.

I don't have to run a console either as the wagon has a bench seat in front... Column shift will most likely be my best route on the wagon... Then get the front and rear seat recovered...

We have a good upholstery shop near here that does great work, even custom jobs...

I don't have to run a console either as the wagon has a bench seat in front... Column shift will most likely be my best route on the wagon... Then get the front and rear seat recovered...

We have a good upholstery shop near here that does great work, even custom jobs...
I have an auto on the column, steering column out of a 65 valiant. If you need one, I know I won't use it because I only have one early A. My wagon and its floor shift anyways

I learned on a 4 speed, my dads A56 cuda is the first car I ever attempted to drive.

After that it seems like every car I had either had a three on the tree, three by the knee or a 4 speed.

The black 75 dart is literally my first a body with an automatic. I am actually leaving the 904 in there just because it's my only one.

I learned to drive on a 4 speed in my dad's 79 Horizon TC3... He would let us pull it in and out of the garage/driveway when I was 13 years old... Then when my older brother got his license, they took me out in dad's Charger 2.2 that he traded the Horizon in on and let me get more practice...

Then when I got my license, I took my driver's test on dad's 84 Laser with a 5 speed... I had so much time and experience driving that one I wasn't even nervous and passed the driver's test easily...

I have an auto on the column, steering column out of a 65 valiant. If you need one, I know I won't use it because I only have one early A. My wagon and its floor shift anyways

I need an early a column shift steering column... Let me know what you would want for it or if you need to trade for something...

I learned to drive on a 4 speed in my dad's 79 Horizon TC3... He would let us pull it in and out of the garage/driveway when I was 13 years old... Then when my older brother got his license, they took me out in dad's Charger 2.2 that he traded the Horizon in on and let me get more practice...

Then when I got my license, I took my driver's test on dad's 84 Laser with a 5 speed... I had so much time and experience driving that one I wasn't even nervous and passed the driver's test easily...
The driving instructor laughed at me because I had 2×4s attached to the clutch pedal so i could go all the way to the floor.

He asked if it was safe and looked at it and then shrugged his shoulders and went on with the test.

Its safer than moving the seat farther up because then I am dangerously close to the steering wheel.

The driving instructor laughed at me because I had 2×4s attached to the clutch pedal so i could go all the way to the floor.

He asked if it was safe and looked at it and then shrugged his shoulders and went on with the test.

Its safer than moving the seat farther up because then I am dangerously close to the steering wheel.

When we went to the car shows in the early 80's there used to be a midget/small person that drove a 4 speed Superbird... He had blocks on the pedals so he could reach them also... He was pretty cool...

Dad commented once that the guy could really handle that Superbird, and get it going... Sometimes it looked like the car was driving itself... That was at the first few Mopar Nats in Michigan...

When we went to the car shows in the early 80's there used to be a midget/small person that drove a 4 speed Superbird... He had blocks on the pedals so he could reach them also... He was pretty cool...

Dad commented once that the guy could really handle that Superbird, and get it going... Sometimes it looked like the car was driving itself... That was at the first few Mopar Nats in Michigan...
That is amazing. I could barely handle a 68 charger I had Because it had mega blind spots and was just massive

That is amazing. I could barely handle a 68 charger I had Because it had mega blind spots and was just massive

He didn't let his small size handicap him... He helped around the meets and drove his bird like any normal sized person...

One time dad saw a guy carrying one side of a cooler and the other side looked like it was floating in air... It was the midget carrying the other side...

He didn't let his small size handicap him... He helped around the meets and drove his bird like any normal sized person...

One time dad saw a guy carrying one side of a cooler and the other side looked like it was floating in air... It was the midget carrying the other side...
I have known people who are more handicap from being too large as well.

I had kinda a boyfriend (not really serious but a guy I liked) a long time ago who was 6'7" and he had so much trouble with regular sized things. He would even smack his head on door ways and could see on top of the fridge.

Ok, I am out for the night. I have said too much but had fun. I will pull that column and see what if it is good enough to use and all. Probably Wednesday just so you don't hold your breath.

I am off Wednesday so I can goof off In the yard then.

Till tomorrow, Nanu nanu, live long and prosper

ZZZZZZZZ

I have known people who are more handicap from being too large as well.

I had kinda a boyfriend (not really serious but a guy I liked) a long time ago who was 6'7" and he had so much trouble with regular sized things. He would even smack his head on door ways and could see on top of the fridge.

I have a friend that is 6' 8" tall and he drives trucks so he can fit...

I've known him since we were 4 years old...

Ok, I am out for the night. I have said too much but had fun. I will pull that column and see what if it is good enough to use and all. Probably Wednesday just so you don't hold your breath.

I am off Wednesday so I can goof off In the yard then.

Till tomorrow, Nanu nanu, live long and prosper

ZZZZZZZZ

Ok thanks...

Good night...
zzz.gif

Dam, first still...

I went for a nacho run, now back to sleep.... I hope...

I really want to get the car running before Halloween. That is my goal but who knows if I will get it because I am only getting a couple hours a week to work on cars
Im lucky to spend a couple hours a month. Soon enough it will slow down and i can get going on it again. 5 projects on the go, mine isnt even close to the back burner.

Today will be interesting, finish pulling engine from the bird and then plunk it in the “square body”
Once its in, i can drag bird out and put 69 in its place to take the body off.

-
Back