Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
As far as slantsixdan goes, I suspect he is a LED enthusiast. I am not, but I did not mean to start a discussion about which one is best. Just that in my opinion the H4 ECE lights gives a better pattern and light than the old Sealed Beam headlights, and which I prefer since I have been used to that for most of my life. After we moved to California I don't like to drive in the darkness because I do not have good headlights, but there are also other reasons my wife and I prefer to be inside the house and lock both the screen door and the door after dark.
Anyway, the reason I do not like LED lights is complicated sort of. All humans eyes have some trouble with blueish light, it sort of tend to irritate the eye. But, for some reason I have an extreme version of it. My cousin has one of these lights you have on the forehead with a strap around the head. LED, and I can not see anything with it. I do not find tools, I do not see where to work or anything. But that is very blue. The more white or beige/yellow/orange the light is, the more and better I see, but it does not go very far on the blueish side before I struggle. So, traditional LED is usually a no no for me, even the bulbs inside the house. The bulbs inside the house that gives a more "tanned" light does not last very long. Maybe like 5000 hours at the most, so they kind of become expensive. Then I am not agree with the general understanding of how much CO2 footprint a LED light gives compared to an old fashioned light bulb. In use they are favorable, but the production of semi conductor material is not at all favorable. Then, LED lights for blinkers and stop lights... well, it is not really much to gain from that since they are on for so short amount of time. The last issue is LED as headlights in some winter conditions with snow. Since LED lights give less heat, they do not melt the snow off the glass as well as the old and hot lamps do. In Norway they have had to get headlights with a heater element to fix that problem on commercial trucks because they struggle stopping everywhere to clean the glasses. I mean I have heard that the heater elements are around 50-100 watts. And for a country like Norway, in the houses, where you 90% of the time you need a light also need heating, a LED to save electricity since the houses are heated with electricity, it is just a joke.
If people want to go the LED route it is up to them. I am just stating why I do not like them too much. I actually does not need more than one reason, that I can not see with that light. It is as simple as that.

Bill
Dan knows a ton about LED's and is an expert in this field, but he has written articles for safety boards that deal with automotive lighting. He knows which lights are good and why as well as which ones are bad.

Last edited:
Dan knows a ton about LED's but he has written articles for safety boards that deal with automotive lighting. He knows which lights are good and why as well as which ones are bad.

I drove a Toyoyta rental car last September in Norway. I have no idea what lights it had. The car was brand new more or less, couple of thousand miles on the meter. The light were horrible. It had spots here and there that was totally dark, so when turning in a curve, if the road went a little up or down, you saw nothing. I had to hit the brakes quite often because of that. I doubt it was LED, but maybe. It is the worst lights I have seen on any car in my life.

Bill

Cool the vac advances I sent to be rebuilt are on the way back! Hope they are the way I want them to look need a rebuilder for them.

It quit raining so it's time for me to put on some work clothes and get busy. I ordered a muffler for my truck and I rolled over some railroad tracks last night and it came apart. We were lucky enough to take it and the attached tail pipe off and throw it in the back. I think my ears are still ringing from the hour and a half drive home with just a cat. converter. LOL

It quit raining so it's time for me to put on some work clothes and get busy. I ordered a muffler for my truck and I rolled over some railroad tracks last night and it came apart. We were lucky enough to take it and the attached tail pipe off and throw it in the back. I think my ears are still ringing from the hour and a half drive home with just a cat. converter. LOL

:lol: I drove my V6 Jimmy like that for years. There was about a 6' tail pipe behind it. Made the smog inspector goomers nutz lookin' for the tail pipe :rofl:

I use a very small statured Chinese lady, sometimes she crawls right up on top of me and uses her knees ( que Karl). Anyway I go once a month and she virtually eliminated my back issues. Like Rainy I speak multiple languages. She (Doctor) has been teaching me Mandarin which I am finding very difficult to learn. Be as specific as you can be when explaining your issues to bone crusher.
Anyone who has not experienced a true ( not happy ending ) massage, in the Orient, is truly missing out. I get one about twice a month when I am in VN. And NO... my gf does not let me go to the wrong massage house....LOL

Anyone who has not experienced a true ( not happy ending ) massage, in the Orient, is truly missing out. I get one about twice a month when I am in VN. And NO... my gf does not let me go to the wrong massage house....LOL

Last winter I went to a mall here, and it was a couple of Chinese guys in the hallway giving massage. I paid, first with money, and then I paid with suffering for a whole month with a horrible neck pain. I thought he was going to kill me, but I bit my teeth together and suffered through it. However, I did not expect to suffer for a whole month. No Chinese touching my body again after that. :(

Bill

Last winter I went to a mall here, and it was a couple of Chinese guys in the hallway giving massage. I paid, first with money, and then I paid with suffering for a whole month with a horrible neck pain. I thought he was going to kill me, but I bit my teeth together and suffered through it. However, I did not expect to suffer for a whole month. No Chinese touching my body again after that. :(

Bill
Lier!
a84d12afbd17a493203be29d89e9a947.jpg

Bill

It took me most of the weekend to get over the stretching/manipulation by Marlena the Tormentor at physical therapy last week :BangHead:

It took me most of the weekend to get over the stretching/manipulation by Marlena the Tormentor at physical therapy last week :BangHead:

Well, when they are that hard, the muscles tends to tense again and I can not see any benefit from that. I may be stupid, but I have never been able to get any relief if someone is so hard on the muscles that I start cold-sweathing because of the pain.

Bill

Been an hour, still cleaning up the oil spill. Pooled on top of oil drum,hoist and ran on to floor. Funnel adjusted itself when i wasnt looking. Oh well. Was a crappy start to the day anyway.

Had to change my shorts just watching this....what a ride!

@halifaxhops

You can call me a Liar all you want. I have always preferred women from northern and north western Europe, until I met my wife. After I met her, I prefer her. She is mostly Irish / Scottish. :D I am sure other women are fine too, for those who like that. But I am not one of them. It is not racist or anything like that. Just like some like Fords, some like GM, and some like a 1965 Dodge Dart.

Bill

-
Back