Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
There is a difference in the glasses for 5 3/4 lamps, look at these from Summit. Look at the lamp from the side, how the glass is. It does not look like the original sealed beam lamps. I used to have these for the upper lamps for my '65 Galaxie, the high beams and low beams. And regular sealed beam halogen for the lower ones, which was only high beams.

Hella Vision Plus Conversion Headlights 002850001

These are not ECE lamps, but the picture shows how the glass looks like from the side.

The next link is for the same 5 3/4 lamp, ECE approved,

Hella Vision Plus Headlamps 002850811

Then, the 7 inch, they have a look more like the original sealed beam ones,

Hella 002395801 7" Round E-Code (ECE) H4 Conversion Headlight Kit

I don't really know the reason for the glass on the 5 3/4" lamp being moved more forward. But, I wonder if it is to give the glass a certain distance to the bulb / filament for the glass to properly adjust the light pattern.

It is also possible to find these in big and small rectangular sealed beam conversions. And the same H4 bulb fits in those too.

Bill
Let's ask slantsixdan . He is truly our light expert.

Last edited:
Snap on equipment rep texted me,found a used hunter alignment machine for me. Up to 2016.
$750. I figure its in my budget.
Guess if i move my drill press it can sit in that corner.

Thats the plan.
A few guys are installing lowering kits in their old trucks, figure it will attract more classic/rods to my shop.

Morning all. Slept in today, sorry Mike.
Going to call and go see the bone cruncher today.
I've had a stiff neck for over a week and can't seem to do anything that will help.
My daughter goes to this guy on a regular basis, and says I'm out of alignment.
I'm ready!!
Anyone here use a chiropractor??

Morning Ray.
Raining here.
Really holding up projects around here.

I've had a stiff neck for over a week and can't seem to do anything that will help.
I'm ready!!
No but TJ can put you on his new rack and align ya!

I'm ready!!
Used to. Sciatica is my continuing issue. Then the physiotherapist took over. Its not returning very often now.

Good Morning Coffee Crew.....Fantastic thunder and lightning last night and this AM also bring the body aches....

Quick question...I know the A bodies, big block at least, the engines are offset to the passenger side about 1.5". Is this true for all Mopar? I am specifically wondering about a 1969 Satellite. Will the same solid engine plate work for both A body and B body cars? The width will be fine, I measured that this AM. Just not sure about the offset. Thanks in advance...

I'm ready!!

Morning Craig, I go to the Chiropractor semi regularly. He can usually get the vertebrae back where it belongs, then just up to your body....and anti inflammatory along with pain killers at times depending on how bad it is out.

Morning Craig, I go to the Chiropractor semi regularly. He can usually get the vertebrae back where it belongs, then just up to your body....and anti inflammatory along with pain killers at times depending on how bad it is out.
Well first I thought Cheryl was my pain in the neck. No wasn't it. :D
No, I was under the car a week or so ago and felt a pinch and remembered thinking I might pay for it later.
Well I have for a week, or so. Usually I can put heat on it, massage the neck muscle, and it goes away.
Nothing this time, and after almost two weeks, I'm ready.

No, I was under the car a week or so ago and felt a pinch and remembered thinking I might pay for it later.
Well I have for a week, or so. Usually I can put heat on it, massage the neck muscle, and it goes away.

Sounds like it is time to try. Hope it helps!

Also, I have met Cheryl...She doesn't seem like a pain in the neck..

Watch out for that air filter Mark. If the carb backfires, ever, it can cause a fire with that foam filter. I have seen it happen, and know of many. They look cool though . I used to have one on my Corvette....
Oh yes I had a 73 Blazer that had one of those...it would suck down pieces of that foam and melt it to the spark plugs...couldn't figure out what the hell was going on....changed that thing to a normal round paper filter and.... bam!!! No more funky stuff melted to the plugs...

When I had the engine fire that was really adding heat to the flame. Dump it Mark! It also melted the primary ventury nozzles because the car was still running. Dump it or run without one!

When I had the engine fire that was really adding heat to the flame. Dump it Mark! It also melted the primary ventury nozzles because the car was still running. Dump it or run without one!
Couldn’t that be said about pretty much any air filters these days? I mean, I had my K&N catch fire on my 99 once

-
Back