Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
A guy many years back built a ford 390 with solid lift cam.
Had it dialed in.i just loved the idle.i couldnt believe the throttle response.

Bet your neighbors love you! :lol:

Actually all my immediate neighbors are very supportive and love the cars. My son has been taking the open header Rat Rod to school and they came over and talked with him saying it is so cool he is driving it.... Pretty luck really

Actually all my immediate neighbors are very supportive and love the cars. My son has been taking the open header Rat Rod to school and they came over and talked with him saying it is so cool he is driving it.... Pretty luck really

:rofl: When I took the open headered Dart across town to the muffler shop I got stopped by 2 very understanding and generous police officers. :rofl: Generous because they left their ticket books in their cars :rofl:

There is an enormous amount of junk on the lighting "upgrade" market. All of it is hyped up as great and terrific; most of it is the opposite. Start here for info on 7" round headlamps. It's even more critical with the smaller 5-3/4" round size (smaller lamps inherently have a harder job to do because a smaller lamp gathers less light from the bulb); far and away the best ones in both sizes are made by Koito ("best" means most efficient in terms of amount of light on the road, focus/light distribution, highest grades of glass and metal, etc). Tough to find them on the open market, but I'm not the only one who keeps them in stock.

Bulbs matter a lot; there's a lot of junk on that market, too. Even if you disregard the worst of the junk (any blue-glass bulb, any bulb claiming "extra white" light) there's still a huge amount of performance variance; ask an expert about your particular application (an expert in lighting, not an expert in making the cash register ring).

"HID kits" and "LED bulbs" are a nonstarter. Really bad idea—unsafe, and also illegal. There are legitimate LED headlamp assemblies; variety of good options in the 7" large round size, two good options in the 5-3/4" small round, and a ton of junk in all sizes.

Relays and stout wiring are a definite yes; see here and here. We have a member on here, @crackedback , who puts together very nice quality headlight relay harnesses.

There are also good upgrades for some of the rest of the lights on the car; see here and here.

Well, today didn't go as planned. (rarely does when you're working on old rusty trucks) I had a muffler because I knew I needed one. After removing it from the tail pipe I found a hole in the pipe that the muffler won't cover. Man that front hanger is trashed as well. Look it up on Rock Auto but my local O Reillys was within a few dollars so off to O's I went. It will be here tomorrow afternoon. Perfect!

I did get a chance to reattach the heat shield to the underbody though. It needed some body washers but it's better than new now.

There is an enormous amount of junk on the lighting "upgrade" market. All of it is hyped up as great and terrific; most of it is the opposite. Start here for info on 7" round headlamps. It's even more critical with the smaller 5-3/4" round size (smaller lamps inherently have a harder job to do because a smaller lamp gathers less light from the bulb); far and away the best ones in both sizes are made by Koito ("best" means most efficient in terms of amount of light on the road, focus/light distribution, highest grades of glass and metal, etc). Tough to find them on the open market, but I'm not the only one who keeps them in stock.

Bulbs matter a lot; there's a lot of junk on that market, too. Even if you disregard the worst of the junk (any blue-glass bulb, any bulb claiming "extra white" light) there's still a huge amount of performance variance; ask an expert about your particular application (an expert in lighting, not an expert in making the cash register ring).

"HID kits" and "LED bulbs" are a nonstarter. Really bad idea—unsafe, and also illegal. There are legitimate LED headlamp assemblies; variety of good options in the 7" large round size, two good options in the 5-3/4" small round, and a ton of junk in all sizes.

Relays and stout wiring are a definite yes; see here and here. We have a member on here, @crackedback , who puts together very nice quality headlight relay harnesses.

There are also good upgrades for some of the rest of the lights on the car; see here and here.
Dan,
Can you tell if these are fakes?
Price seems too good, and the back of my (older) Cibies is not that color.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Oh and there's this.
upload_2019-9-10_17-59-16.png

I agree. I do the exercise, tow hours cardio tennis four times a week.
I worked a couple trigger points and thought they were the problem.
New court shoes would probably help.
I found a bottle of muscle relaxers. I'll try those today with some stretching, and see if that helps.
Ironicly after we were talking about this, this afternoon's project was to point under here.
Been avoiding it for too long - it was time to get it done.
upload_2019-9-10_18-8-31.png

upload_2019-9-10_18-9-41.png

I'll redo the brick paving some other time. I came up with a new way to keep them from shifting, but they're good enough for now.

Old house maintenance is a pain...
in the neck!

Slightly iritating it wasn't done before the deck was put on. Only slightly because neither the contractor nor myself really had the time to address it then.
Anyway, now its that much harder for ants or other little critters to get into the wall.

@halifaxhops

You can call me a Liar all you want. I have always preferred women from northern and north western Europe, until I met my wife. After I met her, I prefer her. She is mostly Irish / Scottish. :D I am sure other women are fine too, for those who like that. But I am not one of them. It is not racist or anything like that. Just like some like Fords, some like GM, and some like a 1965 Dodge Dart.

Bill
Dude it was a Joke at best......Have fun with this one or two. I have fantasies also , but Mitch has the mid life chris down!
hoppyland.jpg
hoppy land II.jpg
tenorLZUC6RM8.gif

-
Back