Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I want to move.

Bill
California has a lot of natural beauty but it is one of the dumbest ran states in the union. It, Illinois, Washington, New York and Oregon have some of the highest tax rates in the world, let alone the nation. Yet all of those states are flirting with bankruptcy because of all the dumbshit they spend it on. So instead of cutting, they just raise taxes or event a new fee on something like drinking water. Heck, Illinois is even debating taxing the amounts of its citizens 401k, Roth and traditional both, savings accounts that were be contributed too and BEFORE the citizens even got to retirement age to withdraw it.

I have been paying Maryland tax @6pct on stuff I've been buying on Amazon, for months now, Also on Cigars I buy from JR's... Thinkin bout movin....To SE Asia.....LOL.......
But then we would have to visit you there. I'm in!

To get my late wife's name off the car title, I have to apply for new title. Pay tax AGAIN on the presumtive value of the car. How's that for bullshit!

Oh but it is.
some states are even coming after those too, and even yard sales

yep. States looking for any way they can to tap more dollars. I was watching the live feed last year of Indiana when they wanted to raise the gas tax... again. One of the reps said that it shouldn’t be done, another replied “That’s our money and we need it now”. Other rep came back that it was the citizens money but the bill passed anyway. That’s literally the mind set of every politician regardless of color, greed or political party
They raised the tax on gas here again last year, called it a "fee", said it would generate x billions a year! Generate my ***!!! More like steal it from us!!!

To get my late wife's name off the car title, I have to apply for new title. Pay tax AGAIN on the presumtive value of the car. How's that for bullshit!
That is stupid. "Hey, I paid tax on that at least once already." I get into discussions with my wife about that exact subject. She is a straight laced CPA. I pay tax on my wages, pay tax on the pick up when I buy it and when I sell it you want me to declare it as income so I can pay taxes again? ? I call Bull ****!!!!!! LOL

From what i am reading, sellers won’t need to do anything. All sales to states requiring tax will be collected and remitted by eBay automatically as a ‘marketplace facilitator’ So, I guess all the filing is on them. And sellers can’t opt out. So it’s actually a bigger headache for ones that are already collecting the tax. Now they can’t collect or it will be double taxing the buyer. If they are strictly eBay sellers, that might not be a big deal. But if they have other website sales or whatever I’m betting it will be a mess...

They raised the tax on gas here again last year, called it a "fee", said it would generate x billions a year! Generate my ***!!! More like steal it from us!!!

For infrastructure repairs :rolleyes: Riiiiiight. It will get syphoned off for some other bogus use. That's how the Sacramentoads roll :lol:

From what i am reading, sellers won’t need to do anything. All sales to states requiring tax will be collected and remitted by eBay automatically as a ‘marketplace facilitator’ So, I guess all the filing is on them. And sellers can’t opt out. So it’s actually a bigger headache for ones that are already collecting the tax. Now they can’t collect or it will be double taxing the buyer. If they are strictly eBay sellers, that might not be a big deal. But if they have other website sales or whatever I’m betting it will be a mess...
It comes through on pay pal as 2 charges, one for the product and one for the sales tax. The buyer or seller doesn't have to do anything. It's all handled through PayPal.

For infrastructure repairs :rolleyes: Riiiiiight. It will get syphoned off for some other bogus use. That's how the Sacramentoads roll :lol:
Now, on the flip side of that coin is paying for services without raising taxes. Often times a fee is more fair to the general public because the people/businesses that use the services are the ones that pay. My wife is the CFO of our city and has opened my eyes to many of these types of things.

Now, on the flip side of that coin is paying for services without raising taxes. Often times a fee is more fair to the general public because the people/businesses that use the services are the ones that pay. My wife is the CFO of our city and has opened my eyes to many of these types of things.

I'm sure that our last gas tax was put in place in the anticipation of more electric vehicles on the roads. For the time being, they have no way to gather road use money from a "home charged" vehicle. A Tesla puts the same stresses on a highway that a 300 does.

California has a lot of natural beauty but it is one of the dumbest ran states in the union. It, Illinois, Washington, New York and Oregon have some of the highest tax rates in the world, let alone the nation. Yet all of those states are flirting with bankruptcy because of all the dumbshit they spend it on. So instead of cutting, they just raise taxes or event a new fee on something like drinking water. Heck, Illinois is even debating taxing the amounts of its citizens 401k, Roth and traditional both, savings accounts that were be contributed too and BEFORE the citizens even got to retirement age to withdraw it.

I know. They are well on the way to develop a world where no one can afford or want to live.

I was thinking about becoming a US citizen, but I have let that go. Because if I do, and we decide to move back to Norway, I will as a US citizen have to pay full tax on my retirement money from Norway, in addition to paying full income tax in Norway too. As long as I am not a US citizen, and if I decide to move back to Norway, at least I will only pay tax to Norway of my Norwegian pension, and not to the US in addition.

Bill

In that case the piece of junk ain’t worth more than $1. Lol
I think I paid inheritance tax on Dads car, that was a little lower than sales tax

I'm sure that our last gas tax was put in place in the anticipation of more electric vehicles on the roads. For the time being, they have no way to gather road use money from a "home charged" vehicle. A Tesla puts the same stresses on a highway that a 300 does.
I bet they are working on that. I can see a extra licensing fee in the works.

It put more stress on the road, it is more than half a ton heavier. Isn't a tESLA around 5000 lbs, or close to ?

Bill

Everyone who sale anything, in California is required to collect and forward sales tax. IF they sale more then three things in a year. Thus, permits,
Yea but that is California. California never works under the same sense as America

I know. They are well on the way to develop a world where no one can afford or want to live.

I was thinking about becoming a US citizen, but I have let that go. Because if I do, and we decide to move back to Norway, I will as a US citizen have to pay full tax on my retirement money from Norway, in addition to paying full income tax in Norway too. As long as I am not a US citizen, and if I decide to move back to Norway, at least I will only pay tax to Norway of my Norwegian pension, and not to the US in addition.

Bill
It won’t reach that level...

California needs to reduce the tax on Gas and diesel, and start taxing on miles driven per year. Collected by the DMV at registration time, IMO. Of course that asks the question, what about the out of state vehicles driving on our roads?

-
Back