Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
California needs to reduce the tax on Gas and diesel, and start taxing on miles driven per year. Collected by the DMV at registration time, IMO. Of course that asks the question, what about the out of state vehicles driving on our roads?
That's where the diesel cars have been beating the system for years. The govt. want's to push fuel ecomony type cars but they don't want to penalise those drivers. You and I that drive normal cars are the ones that pay for them. The Diesel trucks pay a huge share of their road use. Diesel fuel used to be $100/gallon cheaper than gas. Until I bought a diesel truck. :BangHead::BangHead: Thank you that my diesel got twice the mileage. LOL

That's where the diesel cars have been beating the system for years. The govt. want's to push fuel ecomony type cars but they don't want to penalise those drivers. You and I that drive normal cars are the ones that pay for them. The Diesel trucks pay a huge share of their road use. Diesel fuel used to be $100/gallon cheaper than gas. Until I bought a diesel truck. :BangHead::BangHead: Thank you that my diesel got twice the mileage. LOL
My truck gets about 14MPG. Not great. Take off the smog crap, it gets 24MPG. Hmmm sure make sense to have all the smog crap!!!:BangHead::bs_flag:

My truck gets about 14MPG. Not great. Take off the smog crap, it gets 24MPG. Hmmm sure make sense to have all the smog crap!!!:BangHead::bs_flag:
BUT my diesel powered car gets 47MPG. 33MPG all day long in town.....And a blast to drive...with an aftermarket tune on it...

From what I have heard, the catalyst alone increases fuel consumption about 10%.

Bill
It did, The DPF Canister. It collects the soot from the exhaust, traps it, then needs fuel to burn off the soot when it gets near full. The same fuel that is used to move the vehicle!! There goes your mileage out the window. It injects a extra fuel cycle into the cylinder while the exhaust valve is opened to increase the temp to burn out the soot. What a bad idea. I wont even go into the EGR. Just tell you it recycles over 80percent thru the intake. Not good for anything!! let alone mileage!!

It did, The DPF Canister. It collects the soot from the exhaust, traps it, then needs fuel to burn off the soot when it gets near full. The same fuel that is used to move the vehicle!! There goes your mileage out the window. It injects a extra fuel cycle into the cylinder while the exhaust valve is opened to increase the temp to burn out the soot. What a bad idea. I wont even go into the EGR. Just tell you it recycles over 80percent thru the intake. Not good for anything!! let alone mileage!!

Bird poop should not be part mechanized equipment. :realcrazy: If it can be just washed off, well, it happens :lol:

September had one of the highest rainfalls on record. Since 1872...
Thats wet.

Looks like one of those one stressed element failed and the rest had no choice but to follow type incidents.
About 80 percent of a bridges strength is to hold up the structure. 20 percent carrying or load capacity, when one element of the structure gets over stressed, see you later!

-
Back