Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Here's what it will look like when done. (and a couple pics of it along the way)

72215584_1401351076695575_2076626600400519168_n.jpg

71187167_1394628857367797_6406563485764812800_n.jpg

71518615_1397062430457773_810747211095736320_n.jpg

So, I am getting tired, was more job than I thought going through pics and recall things I have done. But, now it is there, at least I have a place to go back and see what I did. Far from all is there, but it will come, a little by little, hopefully.
I realize I am a slow starter on the restoration thread. But, better late than never.

I think I will call it a night. Maybe I will right more tomorrow.

Bill

Doing Good.

The high mile 2002 Caravan I have been working on is turning out to be a success. Spot painted right front fender, sealing undercarriage, put new rods and mains in the 3.3 V6 and polished the crank by hand in the vehicle.

Extended fingers and hands are sore after reaching up doing that, 320 wet/dry followed up with Scotch Brite Pad, crank polished up nice and smooth, then put in the new bearings with Lucus Oil Treatment/Assembly Lube.

New water pump, thermostat, fixed leaking rear heater hot water lines, new front brakes.

Has a remanufactured transmission in it by Jasper so that helps make it a worth while project.

Going to be hanging onto this one to run down the roads on the sloppy days as a beater vehicle. Nice creature comforts inside with nice interior.

20191005_105615.jpg

20191001_172302.jpg

Nice days work. I am going to be plastigaging mains and rods on my trucks motor come Wednesday or Thursday. I am not looking forward to it as its still in the truck.

Nice days work. I am going to be plastigaging mains and rods on my trucks motor come Wednesday or Thursday. I am not looking forward to it as its still in the truck.

At least you can get the pan off in the vehicle. Might have to loosen motor mounts and raise engine 3" to get the pan out.

Have been seeing that the main bearing bottom halves on the engines have been taking the worst of the beating.

Thankfully you can light polish the cranks and put new bearings back on them again. Little bit of a trick rolling the top half mains out and back in again.

Give them a little assist by putting something in the oil holes and pushing them around while rolling the crank with a ratchet . . carefully . . .

I put this motor together about 2 years ago and screwed up the rear main seal install. It dropped a bunch of oil after it started. Has no more than 5 minutes run in time. Cant spin it by hand but the mini starter spins it more than enough to start the engine. Since I had to drop the pan anyway I am going to re plastigage it to check everything.

I put this motor together about 2 years ago and screwed up the rear main seal install. It dropped a bunch of oil after it started. Has no more than 5 minutes run in time. Cant spin it by hand but the mini starter spins it more than enough to start the engine. Since I had to drop the pan anyway I am going to re plastigage it to check everything.

Sounds good.
Taking all the spark plugs out should help you to roll it over by hand easier.

Hope you don't have a tight bearing in there, you will find out soon enough when you pull the bearing caps.

Good Luck.

I know when I lived in Wyoming they just plow main roads and throw some sand down...no salt...I wonder if Colorado is the same. So they dont see rust like we do..
Where I am in Colorado, we don't get much snow and when it does snow, they use sand.

Usually a snow fall will be melted in a day or two on its own. So they only sand the ends of the streets by the stop signs or lights.

It gets cold but not much snow, it's prairie desert

How are you doing this morning Rainy?
Slept all evening and woke up suddenly at 2 a.m. and when i first woke up, i thought i was late for work and nothing made sense.....

Then i realized, I'm off today ...... what a weird feeling when you wake up disoriented. LOL

I understand. I get a few of those days each month flopping back and forth from days to nights.

-
Back