Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
But are you saying it went down on its own and switch won’t run it now?

The last time we were out driving was on saturday with the dog to the vet. So, I have to lock the windows with the button on the drivers door, if not the dog will open them and jump out. So, it was locked, and all the windows were up. I used my window on Mickey D's to get food but I do not have to flip the lock button for that, it works no matter what. So, we came home, and all the windows were up, and I go out today, and the window is like on the picture.
I unlocked the windows with the button, and tried to close it, but nothing happened. No sound or anything. Then I tried to open it more, and the motor goes, but the window does not move. Then I opened the rear door, and tried the buttons there, but no reaction neither up nor down. And I can not move the window by hand, it is completely stuck for both ways.

And now I see that the regulator does not come with the motor, so it is like 80-90 dollars for both. If that is all that is the problem with it.

Bill

2004-Mercury-Grand-Marquis-window-open-a.jpg

The last time we were out driving was on saturday with the dog to the vet. So, I have to lock the windows with the button on the drivers door, if not the dog will open them and jump out. So, it was locked, and all the windows were up. I used my window on Mickey D's to get food but I do not have to flip the lock button for that, it works no matter what. So, we came home, and all the windows were up, and I go out today, and the window is like on the picture.
I unlocked the windows with the button, and tried to close it, but nothing happened. No sound or anything. Then I tried to open it more, and the motor goes, but the window does not move. Then I opened the rear door, and tried the buttons there, but no reaction neither up nor down. And I can not move the window by hand, it is completely stuck for both ways.

And now I see that the regulator does not come with the motor, so it is like 80-90 dollars for both. If that is all that is the problem with it.

Bill

View attachment 1715411808

To answer, did it go down by itself. Well, as I said, when I left it is was up, and when I came out today it is open. That is all I know. And the lock button was on.

Bill

Nice here. Expected high of 65. Gets chilly at night now. Got my wood stove ready yesterday. Cleaned out the bottom of the chimney. Stacked some wood in the basement...
Thats why I said junk yard. Get the entire door for 40 or less and you know you have the part you need. Lol.
But best to troubleshoot with a meter and really see what you have.

Nice here. Expected high of 65. Gets chilly at night now. Got my wood stove ready yesterday. Cleaned out the bottom of the chimney. Stacked some wood in the basement...
Ray was running his coal stove already when I was there, at night...........

To answer, did it go down by itself. Well, as I said, when I left it is was up, and when I came out today it is open. That is all I know. And the lock button was on.

Bill
And all the others work correctly I assume? Do they have individual relays?

And all the others work correctly I assume? Do they have individual relays?

Yes, the others works fine. And I have no idea about that relay issue. I try as hard as I can to just drive and not occupy my brain with how the car is made, it makes me depressed.

Bill

Oh, our heat pump has been on for a while. But doesn’t run much. Don’t usually fire the wood stove till it’s like 40’s outside. Too much heat and not a good draft above that.

Yes, the others works fine. And I have no idea about that relay issue. I try as hard as I can to just drive and not occupy my brain with how the car is made, it makes me depressed.

Bill
Usually, the drivers goes out first, because it gets used more often. Then the other one that gets used the least, it get gummed up and stalls. I bet that is your issue, got gummed up from non use...Have you tried to pull up on the glass while operating the up button?

Last edited:
Ya, our boiler has been running off and on in the last few weeks. If it gets down to the 50's for very long the house get's chilly. One thing nice about the boiler, it only heats a gallon and a half at a time. Unlike our old cast boiler that heated a hundred gallons or so and then shut off.

Usually, the drivers goes out first, because it gets used more often. Then the other one that gets used the least, it get gummed up and stalls. I bet that is your issue, got gummed up from non use...Have you tried to pull up on the glass while operating the up button?

Tim, I think I will go and get the regulator only. I was able to get life in the up function too now I was out. But the window got loose now so I can pull it up quite a bit, and then lay my hands on it and push it almost all the way up, just not able to get it past that last seal on top of the window. If I had suction cups I might have been able to. But I made some lovely fingerprints on the window now. Oh well, we have plenty of soap and water so that will fix itself when the window is ok. It is controlled by wires and I sort of have the feeling that one wire is working, the one for down, but the up one is not working and something is damaged there since I am able to just move the window easily by hand.

Bill

Little slow for now, state is starting some shiznit.

I took a ride through ours the other day and saw numerous indications of new drilling under way. Not sure who they are selling this heavyass crude we have around here to, but it must be in demand.

Oh yeah. South County is to say the least unhappy that North County produces so many barrels. They don't whine much about the offshore, I think the crude is lighter out there, easier to deal with. They don't seem to realize just exactly the amount of their tax income comes from the North County oil patch.
https://r.search.aol.com/_ylt=Awr9D...il_Field/RK=0/RS=bLbbcXBAzRqZVG53xIHn_o3TsoY-
If that link works, Orcutt Hill oil history. For over 100 years that oil patch has been funding this county's activities.

Oh yeah. South County is to say the least unhappy that North County produces so many barrels. They don't whine much about the offshore, I think the crude is lighter out there, easier to deal with. They don't seem to realize just exactly the amount of their tax income comes from the North County oil patch.
https://r.search.aol.com/_ylt=Awr9Du7B7K1dGbIAKnhpCWVH;_ylu=X3oDMTByb2lvbXVuBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1571708226/RO=10/RU=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orcutt_Oil_Field/RK=0/RS=bLbbcXBAzRqZVG53xIHn_o3TsoY-
If that link works, Orcutt Hill oil history. For over 100 years that oil patch has been funding this county's activities.
They mix it with Bakersfield light crude...then they can use it....

Hey! Thanks for the birthday wishes guys, haven't been on for a couple of days, hope everyone's doing well. Had a "work on every car I own" birthday w/maintenance, brakes on the truck, and figure out why the hell the jeep is making so much noise under the hood, found a bad water pump there.......it did make me forget about that i'm as old as dirt now for awhile. Lol...
Higgs

Bill

View attachment 1715411808
Cable drive. They all junk. Replaced many in many different makes and models.

Tim, I think I will go and get the regulator only. I was able to get life in the up function too now I was out. But the window got loose now so I can pull it up quite a bit, and then lay my hands on it and push it almost all the way up, just not able to get it past that last seal on top of the window. If I had suction cups I might have been able to. But I made some lovely fingerprints on the window now. Oh well, we have plenty of soap and water so that will fix itself when the window is ok. It is controlled by wires and I sort of have the feeling that one wire is working, the one for down, but the up one is not working and something is damaged there since I am able to just move the window easily by hand.

Bill
Only two wires they reverse for open/ close.you will regret not buying the whole assembly. The motor is likely almost burned out.

Waiting for guy to pick up his engine core. I need it gone,so i can put fargo away. im picking away at it,pulled out ign switch and tested it. Was dirty but soaked it with contact cleaner and its consistent now. Wiring is in great shape...
6A34A6B6-1EB7-4805-A77C-47791DF3453A.jpeg
think i have some idea why it was parked.
Battery ground was attatched to inner fender,undersized and half melted as well. Getting it sorted so maybe it will move itself around.

Waiting for guy to pick up his engine core. I need it gone,so i can put fargo away. im picking away at it,pulled out ign switch and tested it. Was dirty but soaked it with contact cleaner and its consistent now. Wiring is in great shape...View attachment 1715411896 think i have some idea why it was parked.
Battery ground was attatched to inner fender,undersized and half melted as well. Getting it sorted so maybe it will move itself around.
If you fan the wire strands out like that, they can carry more current.:D

-
Back