Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning everybody. Oh my so I have slept. That was awesome, and the body needed it.

Anyway, today I want to point out a local parts place with a great and friendly owner, who also have very decent prices, and he has quite a bit of older parts laying around. Maybe not OEM so much, but still parts that could be hard to find many other places. He will also direct you to other places if he does not have the part.

Dave's Auto Parts - Santa Rosa, California - Automotive Parts Store | Facebook

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x808437f6d83969a9:0x33a0d51efefd4258!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipMvKaktJY2sJcnPMtqT6U9mc9Ux43NxEp7_yxFr=w214-h160-k-no!5sDave's Auto Parts, Santa Rosa, CA - Google Search!15sCAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipMvKaktJY2sJcnPMtqT6U9mc9Ux43NxEp7_yxFr&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwihzIzJz8blAhVYHzQIHUxuAmIQoiowCnoECAwQBg

Dave's Auto Parts, Santa Rosa, CA - Google Search

A good guy, into racing, and he knows a lot.

Bill

Last edited:
It's Tokin' Thursday!

tokintuesday.jpg

I think I got the munchies man.
Any Twinkies in that bag man?

Remaining vehicles done and gone. Warming up son’s truck to weld exhaust and give front end a shakedown.

I has a Cadet sized go kart chassis for just that project. Vintage Igloo cooler too :D. A couple motors to pick from, the Briggs, about 16 horse, and the Honda, about 8 horse. Slicks for paved applications and treaded for dirt, grass, and rainy conditions :lol: If the swap meet is really rubbered up I can use the slicks with good result :lol:

Welding. Exhaust. Sucks.
Top of pipe,with a mirror.
Just pile on the birdshit until holes are filled. I looked at dropping the y pipe. Not happening. Wrecked one mirror already. Snappy sells the mirrors seperately i think.

Well worked on the car this morning. Got a pot of Chili going for this evening. Frosty weather out.:lol: Gotta get ready to go get my son from school..:steering:

Welding. Exhaust. Sucks.
Top of pipe,with a mirror.
Just pile on the birdshit until holes are filled. I looked at dropping the y pipe. Not happening. Wrecked one mirror already. Snappy sells the mirrors seperately i think.

Oh man so many exhausts I have been welding with oxygen and acetylene, and the rust just cooks. I liked to have a piece of sheet metal and weld it on top and down the sides. Funny that it rust on the top so often.

Bill

I have a file just for bills of sale and insurance documents. Thats where i would keep something like that.
The car I'm working on now is very similar to the one I had almost 30 years ago. I'm tearing it down for paint. I have the tag in my file cabinet. When I did the last one I was in my early to mid twenty's. I took the tag off put it in her jewelry box. Figured it would be safe there. Well, we ended up breaking up about the time I got the engine compartment painted. I was a dumbass.:realcrazy:

-
Back