Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
No not what your little friend smell like!:rofl:
stig eating popcorn.gif

If the bark is on, and your area is on the moist side the wood inside can start to rot before it dries. But, usually when you split it, it will dry. You will have a little reduced heating energy in such firewood, but it will still burn, and rotted stuff that has dried will burn too.

Can you buy firewood on the root here, I mean can you go to someone who has forest and ask if you can cut down some of his trees to clear up his forest, and pay a little fore it, and he get a job done too, and you get inexpensive firewood ?

Firewood is an amazing invention, it gives heat so many times. It warms you when you cut the tree down and chop it up. It warms you when loading it in the tractor trailer, or whatever you put it in, and it warms you when splitting it, and it warms you when stacking it, and it warms you carrying it inside, and then finaly it warms the entire house when you put it in the oven.

Bill

The last time I bought firewood, I bought an entire semi truck - 13 pulp cord....been a couple years of burning...couple kids from town cut, split and stacked it for me. All hard maple - best to use for fireplaces as it leaves the best coal bed for relighting in the morning...

Wish you guys were closer I have a ton of down ash trees, some stuff cut up by the power company also prob 2-3 cords and the down trees a hell of a lot more!

God Morgen and Happy Moon's Day to Coffee Land. Just enough snow last night to make all the roads ice covered. Freeway has so much salt on it, you would swear it was still covered in snow....

Super Bee is safe at home, picked through all the parts inside and trunk. Wont have to get too much stuff for it to get it working again. That was a relief...

Good Morning
Thanks to all you Vets! :usflag:
Noticed Dad's flag has a small rip between 2 stripes. Think I will retire it after today..

I don't get the shipping locations LA or Chicago? Figured it would be east coast somewhere. If I was him I would see if anyone over there is going to Carlisle and getting a container to ship back and ask to add it in.
The thing is this. The block I’ve already ordered is being packed in a container somewhere in the Chicago area. The guy says I can probably get an engine and a trans in that shipment but there could be issues.
The other option for me is to use a shipping agent in LA. either way, the stuff needs to be packed and shipped away from Tike’s place.

The thing is this. The block I’ve already ordered is being packed in a container somewhere in the Chicago area. The guy says I can probably get an engine and a trans in that shipment but there could be issues.
The other option for me is to use a shipping agent in LA. either way, the stuff needs to be packed and shipped away from Tike’s place.
Why LA no one on the east coast of USA? That's another 3000 miles to travel.

-
Back