Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Were I come from we had twilight from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm, and darkness the rest. June was a little puzzled about that. We had more light in the summertime. :D

Bill
Yeah, and in Summer you were just the opposite...light until midnight and twighlight for the rest of the short night. I remember drinking beer in Helsinki at midnight and it was just getting dark. By 3 am, it was getting light again.

Just because parts are rare and expensive doesn’t mean the car is. It may be a 2020 model.

Just because parts are rare doesn’t mean the car is. It may be a 2020 model.

I ran into that "It's too new" issue on my GMC many year ago. The ICM failed at 4 months old. "6 weeks to get the part" they tell me. I pointed out that they had 30 trucks just like it in their storage area out back. One call to the GM district rep and miraculously my pickup was fixed the next day.

I ran into that "It's too new" issue on my GMC many year ago. The ICM failed at 4 months old. "6 weeks to get the part" they tell me. I pointed out that they had 30 trucks just like it in their storage area out back. One call to the GM district rep and miraculously my pickup was fixed the next day.
Reminds me of the winter when ford ran out of ficms.

Back lot was full of dead fords.

Yeah, and in Summer you were just the opposite...light until midnight and twighlight for the rest of the short night. I remember drinking beer in Helsinki at midnight and it was just getting dark. By 3 am, it was getting light again.

Far more light and less darkness where I come from than in Helsinki.

The first picture, "Midnightsun" is taken at midnight sharp, and you can see how high the sun is. Unfortunately the camera makes everything dark, but you know how much light it is outside when the sun is at that height.

The winter picture is a little before Christmas, or when it is as it's darkest. But it is taken at noon, when it is the most light.

The picture taken at 12:42 is actually 18 minutes before the sun is in north since it is at north at 1 am with daylight saving time. And since it is July 13 the sun is getting low. At July 26 it is totally gone during midnight. The first day it is above the horizon at midnight is May 19.

The third picture is from out at the coast where I grew up, and the big garage is mine.

Bill

Midnightsun.JPG

juli-aug 2008 043.jpg

Litt her og der 015.jpg

P1040599.JPG

Last edited:
Yep. My 1996 Ford F-150 had a power window motor failure shortly after I bought it with the window stuck down in Winter...and it took them 6 weeks to get a new replacement motor. It cost them a rental car for the entire time until it was fixed under warranty.

Neither rare or expensive either.
We,, it is Both. 40 Grand is expensive to me for a car. AND not many around, so rare as well. I have seen 2 in California.
2020 Kia Stinger GTS MSRP
Starting at only $44,000 for RWD or $46,500 for the Dynamic-All-Wheel-Drive-equipped model, the 2020 Kia Stinger GTS is a performance car through and through.Jul 17, 2019

They are both around 40 grand. Not inexpensive. Not when Nissans can be had for less then 20. 45 for SHO.
Like I said, the KIA is just an average price these days.

And what kinda comparable new Nissan can you get for $20k?

My Neon has a lot in common with that car. It’s almost the same color. Has 4 doors, tires, seats, windows...And my car is worth about the same as his headlight.

Does more Mopar people also have a Ford than a GM ?

Bill
IDK...our current cars are all Mopar.

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT
2006 Dodge Charger SRT
2012 Chrysler 300 C
1969 Dodge Dart GT Sport

There was a fifth one, 1966 Dodge Dart GT...but it went home to California again. :)

2019 Audi Q5 quatro, 2015 VW Golf Sport Wagan, TDI. 2018 F350 Dully lariat, 1966 Satelite Convertible and 1966 Dart GT. Love my TDI VW!! Malone tuned..stage 2 tune.

-
Back