Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
There aren't too many around here but I wasn't saying the car was rare, the parts are "scarce" and backordered nationwide. The fender has been going back and forth between just the skin and then a completely built fender, unfortunate for me.
I knew what you meant. When I was thinking about fixing the Magnum I found they are around, but most of them are grabbed up by the higher $ yards that cater to the insurance repair shops. I did find a few located in pick a parts. However, I was surprised how few Dodge Journeys are in any yard let alone the pick a parts. And they are in no way a rare car. I still need to get a TIPM to try to fix the horn problem on wifes car. I did see one on a yard inventory not too far away where I got my Neon door. Should make a trip over there soon... I don't think I have seen any of that Stinger on the road around here and certainly not in a yard. If they got one in a pick a part, they would keep it in the employee access fenced area.

Two deer down, my nephew needs buddy to help find them, so that's my start to the morning...he is hunting two miles away from me so it's time to fire the ramcharger up and get over there..have a great day all you coffee devouring Dodge brothers.

Craig send me a pm with pics of the fittings you need prob have them also
I have the fittings. I had bought a line and put it away until I was ready for it. Wasn't close to working and waited to long to send it back. I can use the fittings off that. I also have the fitting for the carb.

Well looking for a 4' piece of 5/16" OEM metal to bend a fuel line from carb to pump. I've checked locally and with summit no one has it.
The sell brake line but it has a green coating to it. I guess I could put it on the wire wheel and see what it looks like then??
Apparently no one makes a 67 fuel line for a 383 with a afb carb. I guess another one year only part...geezz.
I see they sell a 25' roll of what looks to be the right line, but not sure if that is what I need or not. Any suggestions??
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006K8MBU8/?tag=joeychgo-20
Pretty sure Inline sells it that way. Since they make lines like original, I would think the roll stock would be same. Never know what finish would be on it otherwise. That looks too bright in the pic

Pretty sure Inline sells it that way. Since they make lines like original, I would think the roll stock would be same. Never know what finish would be on it otherwise. That looks too bright in the pic
I mistakenly bought one from inline for a avs carb, and didn't come close to fitting. They have nothing for a afb 67 V8 Barracuda.

Bought one from inline for a avs carb didn't come close to fitting. They have nothing for a afb 67 V8 Barracuda.
I meant that you could just get the tubing... I got prebent brake lines from them and they fit great. I think they do better with them because they were the same for more cars. But there were a lot more variations between cars and engine/trans/carb combinations. I got my other lines from Fine Lines and Right stuff. Forget which ones were from who. The long fuel and vent lines were also good. I ended up buying a second set of transmission lines cause I broke one trying to rebend it. Most of it was good, but not even close to hitting the cooler fittings on bottom of radiator. I can't remember what I ended up doing for the line coming up to the carb. I know I was not finding it easy. I might have got a better used one from a yard.

I mistakenly bought one from inline for a avs carb, and didn't come close to fitting. They have nothing for a afb 67 V8 Barracuda.
Need to find an original to copy then. That will be the best to get the bends right.
Extra material will not hurt either - might take two tries. The bends aren't that difficult but the changing directions can be tricky to nail.

For the hose end, need a 'bubble' or bead forming tool.
I bought a Parker tube beader. I *think* it has the dies to do 5/16.
I think I also saved the original fuel line from my car. Don't remember if there are any nice clean sections but I can look.

I have the fittings. I had bought a line and put it away until I was ready for it. Wasn't close to working and waited to long to send it back. I can use the fittings off that. I also have the fitting for the carb.
Any idea if any of these are correct?
1966-1967 All Makes All Models Parts | MF563A | 1966-67 383/440 Carter Afb 4 Bbl Pump To Carburetor Line; OE Material | Classic Industries

Mega Parts USA - Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts

DODGE 6.3L/383 Mopar big block B Fuel Lines, Pump to Carburetor Lines - Steel Fuel Line Material

I need submit a car photo for the year end award. I think it gets placed on a plaque, but I'm assuming its not getting cropped into circle or square.

Looking for suggestions, comments and wisecracks.
Narrowed it down to a few. The one with the watermark I can buy and crop as shown.
I think it has the best color - even though the lower portion of the car is in shadow.
a)
upload_2019-11-17_11-20-21.png

Yes, I’m aware of it. I’ve checked a couple of different setups. That one is interesting.
The reason this deal is a little complicated is that I’m buying a block from a guy in Illinois thru a guy here in Sweden. The block is going from that first guy to a third guy to go into a container. That container shipment is at a very good price.
So I’ll be using that for the block and because of that, I’ll be sending a couple of other odds and ends the same route.

Can you take that in Swedish please... Just kidding. :D

I understand. That is why I found jetcarrier to be so convenient with the mail address in Linden, NJ

Bill

b)
upload_2019-11-17_11-27-35.png

c)
upload_2019-11-17_11-28-12.png

d)
upload_2019-11-17_11-29-21.png

this last is a bit overcast, but a nice shot that could crop in.

Last edited:
This was one of my favorites..but might be considered bad sportsmanship to place on a trophy?
Anyway some of the color is washed out - seems to a problem with the soft yellow - at least with digital photography.
upload_2019-11-17_11-32-2.png

upload_2019-11-17_11-32-32.png

:lol:

-
Back