Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good Morning Coffee Crew. Hope all is well out there. Still needing to rebuild the carbs on my tunnel ram, but life keeps getting in the way....ugh...
Don’t bother. Sell the whole thing cheap to me in stead. If it’s B-block of course. :rolleyes:

Mine needs painting so trying to clean it up for prep. Finally got the rear in.
what color?

20180903_140236.jpg

20180911_090046.jpg

Oh, I scored a nice pair of ‘66 Dart fenders last night! Really good shape, especially the parts that are bad on mine, the area where the vertical tire spray hits. Un-patched! Some bondo in some dents around the headlight on one of them but I think that’ll be possible to work out.
Also have the protective plates in from of the tires behind the headlights.

Guess i have to get moving. Need to check filter and oil stock before i head to town. First appt is oil change.
Then winter tire swap. Test abs sensors on a cruze and order parts.

looks like lots of work is coming in.

Yes thank god. Actually prob going to pick up a gallon this week so I have incentive to get moving hard on it.
I have had my gallon of paint for a year,this spring i will start moving on body/paint.

There is a surplus place here that sells it 87 a gallon, Sherwin Williams, dimension?

I needed the engine in and the headers so I know how and where to run them. Brake lines need to be rerouted as well

View attachment 1715425484
That is Looking fantastic

The valve covers look great. V8s in early As don't look as hulking as I always thought they would. a small block is actually a good fit other than the exhaust.

I bet you miss driving it.

Only if you want to. I’m off to google it properly.
I stand corrected. A quick first look and it appears both the 741 gear and the 489 gear I have laying here, the bolt pattern lines up. I’ll measure the width of the sure grip here this evening. That should tell us for sure.
I needed the engine in and the headers so I know how and where to run them. Brake lines need to be rerouted as well

View attachment 1715425484
Looking good!

That is Looking fantastic

The valve covers look great. V8s in early As don't look as hulking as I always thought they would. a small block is actually a good fit other than the exhaust.

I bet you miss driving it.
yes I do Rainy, miss it a lot... but I am at the point of hooking starter up and put a carb on for fire up. Can't wait..:D:D thank you sugar :thumbsup:

I stand corrected. A quick first look and it appears both the 741 gear and the 489 gear I have laying here, the bolt pattern lines up. I’ll measure the width of the sure grip here this evening. That should tell us for sure.

Looking good!

I believe the sure grip is the same unit for 741, 742, and 489 cases......have been wrong before, but all new ones are listed to fit in all 3 cases.

When you get it going again you are going to be like::

well that old song hits home, my mom and uncle sang it a bunch around the camp fire when I was 9 to 14 living in labor camp picking fruit.. thank you so much for posting

I believe the sure grip is the same unit for 741, 742, and 489 cases......have been wrong before, but all new ones are listed to fit in all 3 cases.
No. The 741 and 742 are clutch style while the 489 is a cone style. What I’m not positive is whether the clutch style fits in the 489 and vise versa

-
Back