Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
torinotuesIII.jpg

It's Torino Tuesday!
Good morning.

Slept in a little later than usual. Weird dreams. I remember being at a car show. Was kinda like Carlisle. People camped out... I was driving a 70's Challenger I had just acquired that had belonged to my late brother. (He never owned a challenger in his life that I know of). It was dark green, pretty beat up looking project car. Apparently I had never even looked at the engine, cause someone asked if they could pop the hood. I'm like sure lets get a look at it. Everything under the hood looked brand new. Block and bay are all freshly painted a much lighter green. Think it was big block, but I woke up as I was trying to figure out what...
Good Morning

Ah, I thought you had a 273.

It is a little out of round, but not enough to fix the problem. Between 1/64" and 1/128 "out of round. As I mentioned, a 1/32" increase in diameter would have made it big enough to just slide over, but just barely.

I wonder what the diameter of the cups were originally. That would have been fun to know. Guess I have to put this on the list to find when I go to the junk yard.

Bill

It is a little out of round, but not enough to fix the problem. Between 1/64" and 1/128 "out of round. As I mentioned, a 1/32" increase in diameter would have made it big enough to just slide over, but just barely.

I wonder what the diameter of the cups were originally. That would have been fun to know. Guess I have to put this on the list to find when I go to the junk yard.

Bill
I may have an extra cap but finding it may take all day. LOL

I may have an extra cap but finding it may take all day. LOL

Thank you. I will have to go to the junk yard for a few things, and if he does not have it, I will get back to you. I am not sure I will go today, going to the dentist now in the morning to get prepared for a cap so I don't know if I have the drive in me to go junk hard shopping after that.

Bill

Thank you. I will have to go to the junk yard for a few things, and if he does not have it, I will get back to you. I am not sure I will go today, going to the dentist now in the morning to get prepared for a cap so I don't know if I have the drive in me to go junk hard shopping after that.

Bill
Maybe the dentist could fix your other cap. :p

Not sure how that is formed inside...Couldent it be spread out or reamed out that little bit?

If I had the tools yes. Either turn a bolt a little bigger and press it down on the bolt, or use one that fits and then hammer it outside a little until it is big enough. Still would be fun to know how it is supposed to be. I can not remember it being extremely tight on my first Dart.

Bill

Cruze:mad:
Both rear abs sensors open. tone rings on bearings are thin magnetic rings. They are both damaged.
because the car sees no speed at back wheels it assumes they are dragging and cuts engine power.
They make cars so smart these days.

Buddy just texted me,
“Can I run a Hall effect type module in my distributor with a CDI ignition box??”

This is going on his RR. @halifaxhops or anyone else?

-
Back