Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
That's in good shape. Ours would be rusted and scrapped up here in the rust belt.

Chevy Truck-MI Rust.jpg

The new Charger, like the new Dart, is just a name and not a reborn 60's/70's car. Maybe a little "spirit" from the old cars was reborn but certainly not the looks.

I agree about that, but it still sell good and the ram trucks are up in over half a million units so Chrysler must be doing something right.

Bill

So i made a call to a contact that does nothing but old stock parts for undercarriage. Figures he has everything.
Knows details like no other. And is a mopar guy to boot. Old stuff. Real old.
Is checking on it now,hope his prices are reasonable.

he remembers me from my parts store days,when he was just starting up. Very knowledgeable.

So i made a call to a contact that does nothing but old stock parts for undercarriage. Figures he has everything.
Knows details like no other. And is a mopar guy to boot. Old stuff. Real old.
Is checking on it now,hope his prices are reasonable.

he remembers me from my parts store days,when he was just starting up. Very knowledgeable.

Need to take good care of such people.

Bill

Question, How many here, think, believe that women workers make .85 Cents to a Mans 1.00 in pay? And if you do, can you list jobs that men and women do, the SAME job, that has the difference? Same job, And they hold up Soccer as the case study.

According to a letter released Monday by Carlos Cordeiro, president of U.S. Soccer, the federation paid out $34.1 million in salary and game bonuses to the women between 2010 and 2018 as opposed to $26.4 million paid to the men. The total does not include the value of benefits received only by the women, like healthcare.

Question, How many here, think, believe that women workers make .85 Cents to a Mans 1.00 in pay? And if you do, can you list jobs that men and women do, the SAME job, that has the difference? Same job, And they hold up Soccer as the case study.

According to a letter released Monday by Carlos Cordeiro, president of U.S. Soccer, the federation paid out $34.1 million in salary and game bonuses to the women between 2010 and 2018 as opposed to $26.4 million paid to the men. The total does not include the value of benefits received only by the women, like healthcare.
For the same amount of players? Let's be fair here. LOL

oh I know. I'm not surprised at all. The whole womens soccer team being paid less was a farce when it started.

And I don't know exactly what my female coworkers make, but I'm pretty sure they make more then me.

For the same amount of players? Let's be fair here. LOL
If you look into it,US soccer players, male and female, are paid mostly based off money from TV contracts and game day sales, they get X percentage. the women were actually paid a higher percentage than their male counterparts, the difference was/is, the female soccer had less viewers and less gameday attendance, so the amounts the were paid, while still higher than the men, were less then they wanted. They want the two, male and female tv contracts and revenue merged into one and then split based on the current percentages...

If you look into it,US soccer players, male and female, are paid mostly based off money from TV contracts and game day sales, they get X percentage. the women were actually paid a higher percentage than their male counterparts, the difference was/is, the female soccer had less viewers and less gameday attendance, so the amounts the were paid, while still higher than the men, were less then they wanted. They want the two, male and female tv contracts and revenue merged into one and then split based on the current percentages...
Then the women teams should play against the men's teams as well......Apples to Apples. NOT the same job!

I think Minor league players should get paid the same as Major league players, same job!

Last edited:
A convoluted issue for sure...

Women make more of a percentage but generate far less then men's soccer does...
20 percent vs 7 percent....
There's the key. If women's soccer isn't as popular then they shouldn't make as much "per hour, or per game" or what ever. White collar jobs should be equal and blue color jobs should be merit based depending on the type of work. My niece works at Deere and gets paid the same as her male co workers. (how it should be) My wife is a CPA and CFO of our city and (probably) makes the same as a male would. Hard to tell there. It's a negotiated salary.

But how are women treated compared to men at the work place ?

Bill
Good question. Which workplace? Sometimes the guys expect my wife to be the "secretary" She is liberated enough to say no to that. Girl has spunk. I am awful proud of her. Her dad was tough and her 3 brothers gave her an attitude that helps in her career.

-
Back